Sometimes you may not want to appear online on Xbox and reveal what you are playing to other users.
So, if you do not want your friends to see that you are online on your Xbox, you can choose to appear offline on Xbox very easily.
You can use the Xbox app to hide your online status. Let us now discuss in detail how to appear offline on Xbox.
Appear Offline On Xbox – Made Easy
When you tweak settings on Xbox One to Appear Offline, your friends won’t see the green dot next to your profile picture.
But, you can continue playing your game as usual without revealing your online status. But as soon as you join the game lobby, you will appear online inside the game if it has such features.
There are two simple ways to appear offline on Xbox that I am going to describe below. So, here is how to appear offline on Xbox.
1) Appear Offline On Xbox
This is the simplest way to hide your Xbox online status from other users. Follow the steps as described:
- Open your Xbox Console Companion app and click on the User icon.
- Next select Appear Offline on Xbox option.
- In case you are using the app in the Windowed Mode then first select the More option and then click on Appear offline option.
2) Tweak The Privacy Settings
You can change the privacy settings on Xbox and appear offline.
Here is how to appear offline on Xbox and hide your online status to your friends.
- Open Xbox console companion app and click on Settings.
- Go to the Privacy option and click on Xbox.com. You will be led to Xbox account settings.
- Scroll down to find Others can see if your online option under Privacy & online safety option.
- Click on the Block radio button for the ‘Others can see if you’re online’ option.
- Also set ‘Others can see your game and app history’ to the Block option.
This way others will not be able to see your online status or the games and app history.
So, that’s it. Now you know how to appear offline on Xbox.
Remember that you will appear online after you set your status to online manually.