EPUB, or Electronic Publication reader, is a program designed to open and process e-books.
You can download the EPUB files and read those on your tablets, smartphones, or PC, but to do that, you need an EPUB reader.
Here are the 10 best EPUB readers for Windows that you can easily use!
How To Open EPUB File?
To open EPUB files on your PC, you need to have an EPUB reader installed on your device.
There are various EPUB readers out there, and here we have listed the best of them for Windows. Mac users can open the EPUB files with Readium.
Best EPUB Readers For Windows
1) Bookviser – Free
Bookviser is one of the best free EPUB readers. The UI is designed in such a unique way that the user experience is like reading an actual book.
It has customizable settings to change the UI. Bookviser provides plenty of catalogs from Gutenberg, Smashwords, Feedbooks, and you can download all the free classics you want.
- Bookviser provides dictionary support, progress tracking, and other features.
- It allows the users to customize font size, type, space, etc. But it does not allow to edit metadata.
- Bookviser supports page-turning animations.
2) Freda – Free, In-game purchases available
Freda is one of the best EPUB readers for Windows. It is a free, ad-supported program, and you can read over 50,000 classic books free from Gutenberg, Smashwords, Feedbooks, and various other catalogs available online.
Freda allows customizable controls for colors, fonts, bookmarks, annotations, and text-to-speech reading. It also has a dictionary facility for meaning and translations.
If you want an ad-free version, there is an in-app purchase option, or you can choose the Freda Plus app.
But sometimes, the app lags and is incompatible with the older Windows versions.
- Compatible with Windows -11, 10, 8.1.
- UI is modern and supports text-to-speed reading.
- Freda allows controls for colors, fonts, bookmarks, and annotations.
- The reading mode is fully customizable.
- The ad-free version is available.
3) Calibre – Free
Calibre is another user favorite EPUB reader. It has a user intuitive interface and is completely free.
It is an open-source program helpful for both newbies and computer experts. But many users find the UI outdated and lag while using Calibre.
- Compatible with Windows Windows -11, 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista.
- With Calibre you can share and backup your eBook library.
- Caliber offers customizable options to edit the books.
- It manages the metadata, download book covers, and even transfer the books from one device to another.
- The books can be converted from one format to another.
4) Icecream Epub reader – Free, $19.95
Icecream Epub reader provides top-notch features like adding notes, translating text, using bookmarks, tracking the reading progress, and so on.
Besides EPUB, it also supports MOBI, CBR, FB2, and other popular formats.
To get the advanced features you will have to get the paid version, which costs $ 19.95.
- Icecream EPUB reader supports Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, 2003, 2000. Vista, XP, and Windows Server 2008.
- It supports full-screen mode, an easy page-turning mechanism, multiple languages, and reading progress tracking.
- Besides EPUB, Icecream reader supports MOBI, CBR, FB2, and other popular formats.
5) Kobo – Free
Kobo is readily available on your Microsoft Store. Kobo allows you to read eBooks anywhere, anytime on your Windows-supported device.
With Kobo, you can read more than 5 million affordable and free eBooks, including children’s books and comics.
- Kobo is compatible with Windows 11, 10, and 8.1.
- Kobo allows you to search, track progress, bookmark, and more.
- You can choose from over 5 million affordable and free eBooks from online catalogs.
- The reading modes are comfortable for the eyes with a modern UI.
- Kobo provides a built-in store for buying books.
6) Readium – Free
Readium is a Chrome extension and an open-source EPUB reader. So, using it you can read EPUB books without installing an app.
Just add the extension, and you are ready to go! Readium even allows you to upload books and read those there.
Since Google deprecated the Chrome apps, you will not get any updates for this extension.
- Readium supports Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- The UI is basic and straightforward.
- No need to download any additional app, as you can use Readium as a chrome Extension.
7) Bibliovore – Free
Bibliovore is a great EPUB reader for managing, organizing, and read eBooks.
With Bibliovore you can also share the eBooks across other devices through OneDrive. Some users complain about the loading lags and backdated features.
- Bibliovore is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1.
- The interface is user intuitive with a good reading experience.
- You can edit the book metadata and use night and day reading modes.
- Bibliovore manages and arranges eBooks in a series for convenience.
8) Nook – Free
Nook provides an incredible reading experience from one of the World’s largest booksellers, Barnes & Noble.
You can choose from a wide variety of Nook books, newspapers, magazines, and comics.
Nook allows you to customize the fonts, themes, and line spacing, with turn page facilities.
You can try any sample, magazine, newspaper, or Nook Books. Nook allows a 14 days trial period to test any book or magazine of your choice.
After the end of the trial period, you can subscribe to the magazines or buy a book you want.
- Plenty of free book samples.
- Customizable fonts, themes, line spacing, with turn pages facilities.
- In-built eBook store like Kobo.
- Modern UI with easy-to-access bookmark facilities.
- 14 days trial period is available to test the books and magazines of your choice.
9) Neat Reader – Free, $19.99 per year and $49.99 – lifelong plan
Neat Reader is one of the best EPUB readers for the PC users though it is compatible with your smartphones & Mac.
The neat reader has undoubtedly carved out a good place amongst other EPUB readers.
- Compatible with Mac, smartphones, and Windows.
- The User Interface is easy to use.
- Neat Reader manages and organizes the eBook library.
- Bookmarks and annotations are available.
10) Adobe Digital Editions – Free
Adobe Digital Editions allows PC users to get all their favorite titles under a single roof.
Adobe provides a rich reading experience with innovative features like – right to left reading, interactive quizzes, image resizing without any distortion or loss of clarity, and so on.
- Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and Vista.
- Adobe provides
- the best reading experience with easy UI.
- You can sync books across other devices.
- Adobe Digital Editions supports highlighting features, bookmarks, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- What is the best EPUB Reader for Windows 10?
Some of the best EPUB Readers are – Calibre, Adobe Digital Editions, NeatReader, Nook, Bibliovore, Readium, Kobo, and Icecream Epub Reader.
- How can I read EPUB files on my PC?
To read EPUB files on your PC, open Adobe Digital Editions and click on File > Add to Library.
Locate the PDF or EPUB file on your device and double-click on eBook.
If you have any further queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section provided below.
You can also join our BottoBotto community to stay updated about the game and tech-related news.