Confronting a fatal error while trying to launch your favorite Borderlands 2?
Various reasons trigger the issue but there is nothing to worry about as today I am going to discuss some fruitful solutions to fix Borderlands 2 fatal error.
How To Fix Borderlands 2 Fatal Error?
Let us discuss in detail the feasible solutions if you are getting Borderlands 2 fatal error. Follow the steps mentioned below and get rid of the problem.
Fix 1: Restart Your Computer
The first thing you must try is restarting your PC. Restarting fixes most minor bugs and errors. After you have restarted, start Borderlands 2 from the Steam app and not from the shortcut.
If you still get fatal error Borderlands 2, try the next solution.
Fix 2: Verify the integrity of the game files
Borderlands 2 fatal error can occur due to corrupted or missing game files. Check if the game files are correctly downloaded by checking through Steam.
If there are any missing or corrupted files, then they will get re-downloaded for you when you verify the integrity of the game files from Steam.
So, when you encounter borderlands 2 fatal error when joining the game, follow the steps mentioned below to verify the integrity of the game files:
- Launch Steam and click on Library. Find Borderlands 2 and right-click on it. Click on the Properties option.
- Click on Local Files and select Verify the integrity of game files option.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Re-launch your game and if the problem persists after verifying the integrity of the game files, check the next solution.
Fix 3: Allow Administrative Privileges To The Game
If there are insufficient permissions, then also you can get a BL2 fatal error. So, run your game as an administrator and check if this helps you play the game without any error.
- Find Borderlands 2 from your Steam Library and right-click on it to open its Properties.
- Click on Local Files and next select Browse Local Files option.
This will open the installation directory of the game.
- Find the executable file and right-click on it. Select Run as administrator and check if this solves your problem.
Fix 4: Reinstall Borderland 2
If none of the above solutions work, try reinstalling the game. Here is how you can do it:
- Enter Control Panel in the Windows Start Menu. Select Control Panel and then click on Programs And Features.
- Locate Borderland 2 and right-click on it. Select Uninstall.
- Download the game again. Install it and give your computer a fresh restart before you try launching the game.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to fix Borderlands 2 fatal error. If you have further queries, contact us in the comments section provided below.