You can change the look and feel of your Windows 11 desktop by changing desktop colors and wallpapers as per your preferences.
This guide will help you to change the desktop color on Windows 11 and the theme to customize the appearance of your desktop.
How To Change Desktop Color Or Theme On Windows 11?
Follow the methods as described below and experiment with various themes and colors of your Windows 11.
Change Desktop Background Color on Windows 11
You can easily change the desktop background color on Windows 11 from Settings. Check the details given below:
- Right-click on a blank space on your desktop and select Personalize.
- From the next window select the Background option.
- Now from Background settings, find Personalize Your Background option.
Here you can select:
- Picture to use a picture as the desktop wallpaper.
- Solid color to select a solid color for your Windows 11 desktop.
- Slideshow to use a series of pictures that changes the background of your desktop automatically over time.
Let us now discuss each one in detail.
1) Select A Background Picture
You can select a picture and use it. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Background Settings as described above and select Picture.
- Here you will get two options. You can either select from Recent images or Browse Folders and choose a preferable image from your computer.
- Click on the Choose picture option. You can also select Choose a fit for your Desktop image option.
- Try this option to check that the picture covers the whole screen. There are other options to experiment with like Stretch, Tile, Center, and Span.
- You may also select a picture and right-click on it. Then click on Set as desktop background.
This will make the image appear as your desktop background.
Also check how to get live tiles back on Windows 11.
2) Solid Color
To change Windows 11 custom background color, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From Personalize your background settings window click Solid color.
- Select a background color. You can alternatively click on the View colors option from under Custom colors.
- You can create a custom color and click on the Done button.
As I have mentioned before you can use a folder of pictures to set a slideshow for your Windows 11 Desktop. Check the steps to do so:
- Open the Background Settings page and select the Slideshow option from Personalize your background option.
- Click on Browse and select the images folder as per your choice.
- Click on Choose a picture and use Change picture every setting choose how often you want to rotate the image.
- You can also toggle on the button for Shuffle the picture order.
Change Desktop Theme
The desktop theme includes background images, mouse pointer customization, accent color, and sounds that you can get from your Microsoft Store.
Now follow the steps to change the desktop theme:
- Go to Personalization settings and select the Themes.
- You will get 6 default themes with different settings like Windows (Light), Windows (Dark), Glow, Sunrise, and Flow.
- After you select a preferable theme, it will get applied to your Desktop.
So, now you know how to change desktop color on Windows 11. If you have any queries, ask us in the comments section below.