You may sometimes experience game lag while playing League of legends or find the wrong currency available for the payment options.
This indicates that you are in an incorrect region. The region decides who you can play with, which payment options are available for you, or which shards you can play.
Based on all these factors, you may need to change your region. Here is a complete guide change region in League Of Legends. Have a look!
Change Region In League Of Legends
Follow the steps given below to change the region in LoL.
1) Create A New Account
Riot has moved the League of Legends account to the Riot Games platform.
To change the LoL region, you can create a new account or buy an account transfer.
Remember that your friend list, game progress, RP, or skins will not be transferred to the new account.
But there is no need to spend extra money to change the in-game region.
To create a new account, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Riot Games website and click on the Sign-in or Sign-up icon.
- Then choose Create Account option. Fill in the blanks with the required details and enter a password. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Open the LoL clients app and from the top right corner of the screen, click on the X button. Choose to Sign Out.
- Sign in to the new account and enjoy LoL in the new region.
2) Spend RPs To Change Your Region
If you do not want to create a new LoL account and continue with the existing account then you can change the region by spending RPs.
Each time you want to switch, you will have to spend RPs.
You will not be able to earn RP in-game and each time you will have to spend USD/EUR 20.
Besides, you will lose mission progress, Clash progress, victory points, honor level, and ranked league placement but you can keep your current skins, current friends list, and emotes.
Here is the procedure to change the region of League Of Legends by spending RPs:
- Open the LoL client and go to the Home page. Click on the Store button and then select Purchase RP.
- Choose the method of Purchase and the amount of RP you wish to purchase. If you want to make an account transfer you will need 2600 RP.
You will be prompted by various factors while you change the region. You may also have latency or higher ping issues.
- Fill up the payment details and make the payment.
- Revert to the store page and click on the account option.
- Next, select the League server region to which toy want to transfer.
Options to transfer the LoL account depend upon the servers you belong to. Here are the details:
Japan: Russia, North America, Turkey, Europe West, Latin America North, Oceania, Europe Nordic and East, Latin America South.
Europe West: Latin America North, North America, Latin America, Europe Nordic and East, Russia, Turkey, South, and Japan.
Europe Nordic and East: North America, Latin America North, Oceania, Russia, Europe West, Latin America South, Turkey, and Japan.
Russia or Turkey: North America, Europe Nordic and East, Europe West, and Japan.
Oceania: North America, Europe Nordic, and East, Europe West, Turkey, Latin America South, Latin America North, Russia, and Japan.
North America: Europe Nordic and East, Oceania, Russia, Turkey, Europe West, Latin America South, Japan, and Latin America North.
Latin America North: North America, Europe West, Japan, Latin America South, and Europe Nordic & East.
Latin America South: North America, Latin America North, Europe Nordic and East, Europe West, and Japan.
Contents That Can Be Transferred In LoL
As I have mentioned before, when you move your LoL account to a different region, you cannot transfer everything.
Here is the list of things that will be transferred:
- Summoner Level
- Rune pages
- Champions, skins & ward skins
- Summoner Icons
- BE balance
- XP boosts
- Remaining RP [after you have paid the cost of the transfer]
- Friends List
- Champion Mastery levels
- Hextech Crafting Inventory
- Hidden MMR value
- Statistics: games played, wins, takedowns, etc.
- Loading screen borders
- Summoner’s name
- Item Sets
- Globally Unique Username
- Eternals Progress
- Challenges Progress
Contents that will not be transferred in LoL:
- Current Ranked League Placement
- Victory Points
- Honor Level
- Forum Badges
- Mission Progress
- Your Shop offers
- Clash Flag Frames
- Clash trophies
- Clash Club affiliations
- Clash Banners
- Loot Milestone Progress
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I change my Riot Account Region?
To change the Valorant region you will have to use a VPN. To change the region in LoL, create a new account or spend RPs.
- How do I change servers in LoL?
To change servers in LoL, open the Riot game client > go to your account > Open account settings > Choose Purchase RP > Select the server.
- How much is a region change LoL?
LoL accounts are linked to a specific region If you want to use the same account for a different region, then you will have to transfer it. It will cost 2,600 RP Which is equivalent to $20.
So, that was how to change League Of Legend’s region. For further queries, contact us in the comments section below.