To access the new titles before they get released in your country or region, you may want to change the location on your PS4.
This way you can easily access the streaming services and PSN Stores of another region no matter where you are!
Here I will show you how to change the region on PS4 and PS5. So, keep reading!
How To Change Region On PS4 And PS5?
Follow the steps described below to know how to change country or location on PS4/PS5.
1) Edit Your Existing Account
- Visit the official PlayStation website and log into your account. Click on the profile icon and select the Account settings option.
- Click on the Edit button beside Residential Address to change the region.
- Fill up the details with another location, street name, and postal code. Next, click on the Save button.
- Finally, you will get a notification that your new address is saved. Click on the OK button to finish the step.
2) Create A New Account
You can create a new account and enter another region. But this way, you will not be able to use the PS Store credit from your previous account in the new account.
The process of creating a new account is simple. Here is how to do so:
- Visit the Sony Entertainment Website and click on the Sign In option from the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on Create New account option.
- Next click on the Create button.
- Fill up the form with your details.
- Select a country or a Region /Country and select a language.
- Then click on the Next button to continue.
- Input your email, create a password, confirm it and then click on the Next button.
- Verify your account and after completing the verification, choose your City, State, or province and input your postal Code. Then click on the Next button.
- Fill up the profile details and again click on the next button.
- From the next page, configure the notification settings and click on Agree and Create Account option.
- Then you will get the “The account was successfully created” message. Finally, click on the OK button.
3) Change the Geo-location Using a VPN
Using a VPN you can also change the country on PS4. A VPN or Virtual Private Network system hides your online identity.
It changes your IP address and you can connect to other countries where the service is available.
VPNs allow you to connect to servers all over the Globe, tricking the apps and websites about your original location.
This way, your original IP address is not revealed and you can access the geo-restricted contents.
But remember that not all apps are available in a specific region or country.
So, choose a VPN to change the country on your PS4 and enjoy!
How Can You Pay After Changing Your PS4 Region?
When you change your region or location, you will not be able to purchase with your PayPal account or credit card registered in your home location.
Instead, you will have to use PlayStation gift cards.
But you must obtain these gift cards with proper currency. After getting a gift card, visit the PlayStation Store.
From the Bottom of the menu, choose Redeem Codes option.
Here you will have to enter the Voucher Code details, and this way, the funds will get added to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How to change your PSN region on PS5 and PS4?
To change the PSN region or location on your PS4 or PS5, create a new PSN account or use a VPN service.
- How to check the PS4 region?
To check the region on your PS4, log in to the official PlayStation website and sign in to your account.
Click on the profile icon and select Account Settings. Now you can see your Residential Address provided there.
- Are all PS4 regions free?
PS4 is region-free for all the games. So, you play a game bought from any region or country on your PS4. But for DLC, the console has some geo-restrictions.
If you have further questions regarding this topic, ask us in the comments section below.
You can also join our BottoBotto community to remain updated about games and tech-related problems.