Counter-Strike Global Offensive or CS:GO is not a demanding title in terms of system requirements and it runs on the most humble systems.
But sometimes you may have issues while connecting to CS:GO network. If this happens, you will not be able to join a game or launch CSGO.
So, if you are also stuck while connecting to the CS:GO network, go through this article to know how to fix the issue.
What To Do When You Cannot Connect To CS:GO Network?
Let us discuss the solutions in detail when you cannot connect to the CS:GO game network.
Also read: Fix: CSGO Freezes Randomly On Windows 10!
1) Check CS:GO Server Status
As soon as you face a problem connecting to the CS:GO network, check the CS:GO server status from the Unofficial Steam Status page.
If the server status is down, you will have to wait for some time until the servers go live.
2) Restart Your Router
A fresh restart of the router can clear the cache and solve the connectivity errors.
So, if CS:GO does not have a reliable connection, restart your modem or router.
Turn it off completely and disconnect it from the connected device. Detach the power cables attached to it.
Wait for a few minutes and then connect everything and turn the modem or router on.
Now try playing your game and if you again get any connectivity problems, go to the next solution.
3) Change DNS
When CS:GO cannot connect to a network, change the DNS and see if this helps to reconnect. To change DNS, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings. Select Network & Internet option.
- Next click on Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click on the Network Connection you are using and expand its Properties.
- Scroll down and find Internet Protocol Version 4 [TCP/IPv4]. Click on it and select Properties.
- Set The Preferred DNS Server Address to 18.104.22.168 and the Alternate DNS Server address to 22.214.171.124.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes and this should solve the connectivity problem.
4) VPN Service
VPN services help to hide your IP address. Sometimes ISP or the game server applies regional restrictions.
This may be the reason why there is no reliable connection on CSGO.
So, use a VPN and check if this can fix the problem.
In case you are already using a VPN, stop using it and see if that works.
5) Verify The Integrity Of The Game Files
Sometimes the game may not be properly installed on your device or the game files may become corrupted.
If this happens, you can have problems connecting to the CSGO network.
So, verify the integrity of your game files and this will verify and download the necessary game files and solve the problem. Follow the steps to do that:
- Open your Steam client and go to the game Library.
- Scroll down and Locate Counter Strike Global Offensive from the game list. Right-click on the game and expand its Properties.
- Next, go to the Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game files option as I have shown in the picture below.
- Let the files get verified and downloaded. Close the window and try to play your game again.
If also you are still getting CSGO connectivity problem, go to the next solution.
6) Disable Your Firewall or Antivirus Temporarily
To ensure our online safety, we use an antivirus or Firewall protection service.
But sometimes this Firewall or antivirus can interfere with the network connection and cause issues like this.
So, disable your Firewall or the antivirus temporarily and see if this solves the issue.
Here is how you can disable Windows Defender Firewall:
- Go to Windows Search Menu and enter Control Panel in the search box. Select the top option.
- Change the View by option to either Large or Small icons.
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall from the Control Panel menu.
- Next from the left side of the displayed window, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) options under Private and Public network settings by clicking on the respective radio buttons.
In case you are using any third-party antivirus, make sure to disable that too.
7) Update Windows
If you still have issues connecting to the CSGO network, check if Windows needs an update.
Update your Windows to the latest version following the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings and click on the Update & Security option. From the next window, click on Check for updates.
- Windows will now check for the available updates.
If there is any update, download and install them. After it is done, restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How do you connect to CS:GO?
You can connect to CS:GO network using the console from inside the game. Open the console using (~) key and type connect [‘The Server IP’]; password [The Server Password’] and press Enter.
Why can’t my CS:GO connect to network?
CS:GO cannot connect to network if it is blocked by the antivirus, firewall or there are other connection issues like slow or unstable internet.
How do I search servers in CS:GO?
The server browser is available through the menu is the Browse Community Servers section in Play.
Hope you are having no problem connecting to the CS:GO network after performing the above steps. Let us know in the comment section below if you are facing any issues performing the above solutions.