CSGO freezing randomly on your Windows 10? The game is not so demanding and runs easily on most humble systems, but sometimes other issues may affect CSGO to freeze.
Don’t panic if CSGO freezes on your PC as here are some effective solutions to fix the problem.
What To Do When CSGO Freezes?
The following solutions should help you when CSGO freezes on your PC. Go through all the solutions given here to fix this issue.
Fix 1: Verify The Integrity Of The Game
The the first solution that I will suggest you is to verify the integrity of the game files from Steam.
Sometimes the games are not properly installed or may have missing files after an update. This can lead to freezes and crashes.
Verifying the integrity of the game on Steam will make Steam check all the game files, comparing them with the files stored in its server and downloading any missing files.
Here is how you can do it:
- Open Steam and click on Steam Library. Next right-click on your CSGO game open Properties.
- Select Local files and click on the Verify Integrity of Game files option.
- Wait till the process gets completed and then close the window. Relaunch CSGO and see if the game runs properly.
Fix 2: Delete CSGO.exe From Installation Folder
Many users have suggested deleting the CSGO executable from the installation folder and re-downloading it by checking the game integrity as done on Fix 1.
If any bug was affecting the .exe file, this should fix it.
Follow the steps to do it:
- Right-click on Steam and click on Open File Location. Open the Steamapps folder.
- Next open the Common folder. Here you will find the CSGO folder. Open it.
- Find the CSGO executable file and right-click on it. Select the Delete option.
- Now, verify the integrity of the game files by following Fix 1.
- You will find a fresh CSGO executable now in its installation folder now. Right-click on it and open its Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck all the boxes. Click on Apply and OK.
- Now start the game from your Steam Library check if still CSGO is freezing randomly.
Fix 3: Launch CSGO In Special Modes
When CSGO is freezing randomly try launching CSGO in some autoconfig mode. If that doesn’t work, try running it in Safe mode.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Open Steam and click on the Library
- Now from the list of your games, find Counter-Strike Global Offensive and right-click on it. Select Properties from the menu.
- This will display the game Properties. Now click on Set launch option. Set the launch options to -autoconfig and click on the OK
- Now close the Steam window and relaunch your game. Check if you can run it smoothly now.
If CSGO freezes after launching it in -autoconfig mode, then try to launch it in safe mode.
- Go to Set launch options and enter -safe in the box.
- Next, click on the OK button and close the window.
Launch CSGO and check if the freezing has stopped. If still CSGO keeps freezing, then go to the next solution.
Fix 4: Update The Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers are known to cause such issues for games.
So, when CSGO is freezing randomly, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R hotkeys on your keyboard.
- Enter devmgmt.msc in the search box and click on the OK button.
- Now select Display Adapters and right-click on your graphics driver. Select the Update Driver option as shown in the picture below.
- This will open a new window. Select Search automatically for drivers option from the window and Windows will start to search for the latest drivers.
After finishing the entire process, give your PC a fresh restart. Now launch your game and check if CSGO runs without freezing.
Fix 5: Stop Overclocking
Overclocking is done to boost up the gaming performance of your system but pushing that too high may create issues and lead to freezing, lagging or even crash your game.
Overclocking your system may result in huge power consumption and overheating the system. An overheated system will not work optimally and even games with bare minimum require may start freezing.
So, stop overlocking your system. After underclocking, launch your game and check if CSGO is running without lags now.
Fix 6: Update Windows
If still CSGO is freezing on Windows 10, check if Windows is up to date. To update your Windows to the latest available version, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and then select Settings.
- Now select the Update & Security unit and then click on Check for updates.
- Windows will start to check for updates. If it finds any, download and install them. Once that is done, restart you PC.
Hopefully, now you know what to do when CSGO freezes. If the above methods have helped you, or you have any other suggestions on this issue, do inform us in the comment section.