Discord is a comfortable place that makes it easy to open your mind and hang out more often.
It is a popular platform to communicate while gaming online and Discord enables you to broadcast the current game you are playing with its built-in game detection feature.
But sometimes you may find Discord game detection is not working.
The issue is quite common and we have some easy solutions to fix the problem that I am going to discuss today.
Also read: What To Do When Discord won’t open
What To Do When Discord Game Detection Is Not Working?
This is a common problem and now I will be showing you what to do when Discord game detection not working for you.
1) Check If Discord Game Detection Feature Is Enabled
When Discord is not detecting the game, first of all, check if Discord game detection has been enabled.
Follow the steps given below to do it:
- Open Discord and click on the cog button near your user profile.
- This will open User Settings. Now check Activity status option. You will find Display current activity as a status message under it. Turn on the toggle.
- Close the Settings window and re-launch Discord. If Discord is not showing the game, then follow the next step.
2) Add The Discord Game Manually
You can manually add the game to Discord when Discord is not showing the game.
For doing so follow the steps given below:
- Open User Settings and click on the Activity status.
- At the right pane, you will find the “Add it” button under the “No Game Detected” message. Click on it.
- Enter the name of your game in the provided section and search for it. Select your game from the given options.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Done button. Now check if you are getting the game in the Now Playing status.
3) Update Discord
Update your Discord app if you have not updated it for a long time. Each update can fix minor bugs and provide you with the latest features.
Follow the steps mentioned below to update Discord:
- First, run Discord and then go to the System tray. Find the Discord icon and right-click on it.
- Select the Check for updates option. Discord will search for the pending updates.
- Finish the installation process and then re-launch Discord. If Discord game activity is not working after the update, reinstall Discord.
4) Reinstall Discord
If no other process has worked for you and Discord game activity is not working still now, then reinstall Discord.
Follow the process mentioned below to do so:
- Go to the Start Menu and enter Control Panel. Select Programs and Features.
- Find Discord and select it. Now right-click on it and click on the Uninstall button.
- Confirm your action and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall Discord.
- After successfully uninstalling Discord, download its latest version from the official page.
- Install the app and hope this time Discord will run without any further issue.
You can also try disabling or enabling Discord hardware acceleration by following this post.
So, there you are! Now you know what to do when Discord game detection is not working. If you have further queries, leave us a reply in the comments section provided below.