When a browser cannot connect to the DNS server, you may get a server DNS address couldn’t be found error.
So, you will not be able to access the required website due to this problem.
In this article, I am going to discuss why this problem occurs and how to fix it.
What Are The Solutions If DNS Address Couldn’t Be Found?
Follow the methods described below and find a suitable solution when the DNS address couldn’t be found.
1) Clear Chrome Host Cache
When you get a DNS address that could not be found error on Chrome, delete your Chrome host cache.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Google Chrome and enter chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar. Press the Enter key.
- Click on the Clear host cache option.
If you get the same error again then go to the next solution.
2) Delete All The Files Inside ETC Folder
A huge amount of unusable files get stored in the etc folder inside your system directory.
The default location of this folder is:
You can directly go to your system drive and enter etc in the search bar.
- Click on the ‘etc’ folder. Delete all the files inside it.
3) Reset Your Network Configuration
Windows automatically stores all the IP addresses of the visited websites.
This helps you to access the same site faster when you re-visit.
But if the cache becomes corrupted, then you may get a DNS address could not be found error.
So, follow the given steps to reset your network configuration:
- Enter CMD in the Windows search bar and right-click on Command Prompt. Select Run as administrator option.
- Copy & paste the following commands in the elevated Command Prompt window. Press the Enter key after each command.
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog
4) Change The DNS Server Settings
After resetting your network configuration, if your server IP address could not be found, then change DNS.
To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing Win + I keys and select the Network & Internet option from the settings window.
- Click on the Advanced Network Settings option and then select Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click on the Network Connection you are using and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 [TCP/IPv4] and expand its Properties.
- Now set the Preferred DNS Server address to 22.214.171.124 and the Alternate DNS Server address to 126.96.36.199.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes. This should solve the problem.
5) Update Network Drivers
When DNS address could not be found, diagnosing the problem revealed that the outdated drivers can be the cause to initiate the error.
So, update the network drivers if the above processes did not fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the commonly asked question:
- How Can I Reset My DNS Server
To reset DNS server, run the ipconfig /flushdns command in the Command Prompt. This will clear the DNS cache and reset it.
- Is It Safe To Flush DNS?
Yes, it is safe to flush DNS as it will clear the invalid addresses on the DNS and delete the cache data.
- What Does It Mean When A DNS Address Couldn’t Be Found?
This error generally appears if the Domain you are trying to access is down, the DNS cache is corrupted with the wrong address or the DNS you are using is down.
So, that’s it. Now you know how to fix DNS addresses couldn’t be found error.
Write to us in the reply section below for any tech-related issue.