Dragon Age Inquisition is a popular role-playing game by BioWare that is still widely played by gamers.
Players that are still playing it have reported that Dragon Age Inquisition doesn’t launch sometimes. When Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch, follow the solutions we have provided here to fix it.
What To Do When Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch?
Here we have given the solutions for when Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch. Follow all the solutions as given and you will surely be able to fix it by the end of the article.
Fix 1: Perform Clean Boot
The programs and services running in the background can interfere with Dragon Inquisition and may prevent it from launching.
Some third-party apps or windows services can restrict the elements of Dragon Age Inquisition to function properly.
Perform a clean boot and check if you can launch the game.
- Launch Run dialog box and enter msconfig in the command box. Press Enter to open System Configuration.
- From the displayed window, click on the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft Services box.
- To disable all the services running in the background click on the Disable all option.
- Close the window and right-click on your Taskbar. Select Task Manager from the option and go to the Startup tab.
- Disable all the Apps in the Startup tab. Right-click on them and select Disable to do it.
- After finishing the process close the window and restart your computer.
Once your PC boots, run Dragon Age Inquisition and see if it launches.
Fix 2: Repair Dragon Age Inquisition Game Files
The game files can be missing or corrupted. Even if a single file is missing, Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch from Origin.
So, follow the steps mentioned below to verify the game files and repair them:
- Launch Origin and log in to your account with your credentials.
- Go to My Game Library and find Dragon Age Inquisition.
- Right-click on the game and click on the Repair Game option.
- After the game files are verified, your missing game files will automatically get downloaded.
Any corrupted file will also get replaced through this process.
Now run the game and check if you are having any problem launching Dragon Age Inquisition.
In case Dragon Age Inquisition not launching after file verification, try our next solution.
Fix 3: Run The Game As An Administrator
Some of the elements of the game may need administrative privileges to function properly.
So, when Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on Origin, you can try running the game as administrator and check if it launches.
- Go to your game shortcut and right-click on it. Select Open File Location. From the game installation folder, find the Dragon Age Inquisition executable.
- Right-click on the game executable and expand its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and click on the Run as administrator option.
After allowing administrative privileges, try to run Dragon Age Inquisition and check if you are having any problem now.
Fix 4: Check your Firewall
Check if your Firewall protection is interfering with your game and prevents it from launching.
Disable Windows Firewall Protection and check if the game launches.
Follow the process mentioned below to do so:
- Go to the Start Menu and enter Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- From the next window click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended option) for both Private and Public network settings.
Try running the game and if Dragon Age Inquisition is launching after this, turn on Windows Defender Firewall and allow this game through it.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Windows Firewall Defender and click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the next window, select the Change Settings option.
- Check the boxes attached to both Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition to allow these through Windows Defender Firewall.
After the process, run your game. If you have any 3rd party antiviruses installed like Avast or AVG, try disabling them also.
If the problem persists, then go to our next solution.
Fix 5: Disable Full-Screen Optimization
If the above solutions fail, try running the game without full-screen optimization. To disable full-screen optimization follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the game and select Open file location.
- Now find the game executable and right-click on it. Expand its Properties.
- From the Compatibility tab check the box attached to Disable Full-screen Optimization.
- Click on the Apply button to apply the changes made in the settings.
Now check if you can run the game.
Fix 6: Run The Compatibility Troubleshooter
Some games may not be compatible with the latest version of Windows you are using. If your Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on Windows 10, try running it in compatibility mode.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the game shortcut and click on the Open File location.
- From the game installation folder, locate the game executable and click on it to expand its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select run Compatibility troubleshooter.
- Windows will determine the best OS for running the game in the Compatibility mode.
- Select try recommending settings and clicking on the test the program button.
- Now if the program runs, then click on the apply button to save the settings.
Run the game and check if it gives you any further issues.
Fix 7: Reinstall Origin
If still Dragon Age Inquisition is not launching, try reinstalling Origin.
Uninstalling Origin won’t affect the installed games. It will not remove your local game files or delete your online game saves.
- Go to the Start menu and enter Control Panel in the search box.
- Select Control Panel and click on the Programs And Features option.
- Under Uninstall or change a program section, locate Origin and right-click on it. Click on the Uninstall option.
- Now re-download Origin from the official website and install it.
After finishing the entire process launch, Dragon Age Inquisition and it should run without any further issue.
Hopefully the above solutions helped you when Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on your PC. For any further suggestions leave us a comment and we will get back to you.