Network connection and server issues are common for Origin and Electronic Arts. Many users find EA.com unable to connect to the servers.
This happens when the servers get overloaded and create such problems. So, what is the way out? Let us discuss the solutions to fix the issue.
What To Do When EA.Com is Unable To Connect To The Servers?
There are several possible ways to get rid of these kinds of issues that I am going to discuss in this article. Follow the methods given below.
1) Check Network Server Status And Network Connection
If you find EA.com unable to connect to Apex Legends, first of all, check the game server status.
Before you move on to the advanced steps, check the server status of Apex Legends.
It is recommended to check if you are getting a stable network connection.
If your Ethernet connection is not working properly, then also your game will be unable to connect to the servers.
2) Check If Your EA Membership Is Active
After checking the server status, if still EA sports is unable to connect, then check if your EA membership is active.
If you have taken EA play membership and your membership has expired, then you will not be able to access any online feature.
In this case, you will have to activate your membership. But if you have purchased the game, then this step not applicable for you. You can carry on with our next solutions.
3) Log Out Of Your EA Account And Log In Back
If you get any notification that your account is already in use, then make sure to log out of your EA account from all the devices you use.
Then log in back. Check if this solves the problem.
4) Restart Your Router And Gaming Console
Restart your router as well as your gaming console to refresh the connection. If you are using a PC, give it a fresh restart.
Turn off the power of the router and the console. Disconnect the power cables and keep them unplugged for a couple of minutes.
Then connect the cables and turn them on.
5) Move Your Router Close To Your Device
EA is unable to connect if the router is kept far away from your gaming device.
So keep the router near your device as the range of the router may be short though it depends upon the router.
Also, make sure there is no electronic interference between your device and the router.
If the above tricks could not solve your problem then move on to the next troubleshooting steps.
6) Flush DNS
If EA.com is unable to connect to Apex Legends server, then flush the DNS to fix the problem.
This will clear the DNS record from the cache. Any corrupted record that was causing the problem, will get fixed this way.
To flush DNS, you will have to run a few commands as mentioned below. Follow the steps:
- Enter CMD in the Search Menu and right-click on Command Prompt option. Choose Run as administrator.
- In the elevated Command Prompt window, enter the commands given below one by one. Make sure to press the Enter key after each command.
After running the commands check if EA can connect to the servers now.
7) Change DNS
If after flushing DNS and still EA sports cannot connect to the servers, then try changing the DNS address and check if it solves the issue.
Follow the steps to change the DNS server:
- Click on the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Select Network & Internet option.
- Go to Advanced Network Settings and click on Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click on your Network Connection and open its Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 [TCP/IPv4] and expand its Properties.
- Set the Preferred DNS Server address to 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS Server address to 18.104.22.168.
- Save your changes by clicking on the OK If this does not solve your problem then move on to the next solution.
If you find DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names, follow this guide.
8) Disable Proxy Server
If the above process did not solve the problem, check if the proxy settings are enabled.
You may not have enabled it yourself, but if proxy settings are enabled, then disable it.
Now follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Enter Internet Options in the Search Menu and press the Enter key. This will open the Internet Properties window.
- Go to the Connections tab and click on LAN Settings.
- From the Proxy Server section find and uncheck the box attached to Use proxy servers for your LAN option.
- Apply the changes by pressing the OK button.
If still EA.com is unable to connect to the servers, then check the following solution.
9) Change Network Profile
Network profile configures Windows firewall protection. If you have set the Network profile to the Public option, then your firewall protection may not allow any connection that is not done manually.
Getting a false positive, the firewall can block your game.
So, change your Network Profile to Private and this can solve the problem.
Now follow the steps to do so:
- Go to the right bottom corner of your screen and click on the Network icon.
- Click on Network & Internet Settings option.
- Expand the Properties of your internet connection.
- Select Private profile as your network profile.
- To apply the changes, restart your device and this should solve the problem.
So, these were the steps you should perform when EA.com is unable to connect to the servers.
For further queries, send us a reply in the comment box mentioned below.