If you want to export Outlook contacts to Excel, then there are various ways to do it depending upon the version of Outlook you are using.
So, read through this article and learn how to do it.
How To Export Outlook Contacts To Excel?
Follow these step-by-step guides and know how to export Outlook contacts in detail.
Also check: How To Send A Secure Encrypted Email in Outlook.
Export Outlook Contacts
Here is how to export Outlook contacts. The following steps are for Outlook 2007, 2016, and Outlook 365.
Follow the steps as given:
1) Outlook 2007
- Open your Outlook client. Click on the File option and then select the Import and Export option.
- From the Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file Then click on the Next button.
- Select Comma-separated values from the next window and click on the Next button.
- Now choose a contact folder by clicking on the Browse option and click on the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
2) Outlook 2010
- Click on the Outlook Files option and then select Options.
- Select the Advanced option and then click on the Export button.
- Next, click on Export to a file and click on Next.
- From Create file of type section click on Microsoft excel 97-2003.
- Click on the Contacts option under the Select folder to export from the option. Choose Contacts and click on the Next button.
- From the next window, the browser saves the exported file to the desired destination.
- Name the file and click on the OK button. Finally, click on Finish.
3) Outlook 2016
- Open Outlook and select File. Go to the Open and Export option. Then click on Import/Export option.
- Select Export to a file option and click on the Next button.
- Next, click on Comma-separated values and click Next.
- Under your folders, choose Contacts and click on Next.
- Browse and choose a location to save your exported file. Name the file and click on the Next button. Finally, click on the Finish button.
4) Outlook 365
Here are the steps to download contacts from Outlook for Office 365 users.
- Open Outlook and click on Applications. Select people and click on the Manage option.
- Next click on Export contacts.
- Now you can choose a specific contacts folder or select ‘All contacts’ and click on the Export option.
- Now choose Save or Open depending upon your browser options.
How To Copy Your Outlook Contacts To Excel?
Now I will show you how you can copy your Outlook contacts to Excel.
Follow the steps given below:
- Open Outlook and click on the File option.
- Click on the Contacts option as shown in the picture below.
- From the Outlook address book, go to the Current View section and select Phone list.
- Copy the required contacts and open Excel. Paste the contacts into Excel now.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
How do I convert my Outlook contacts to a CSV file?
To convert your Outlook contacts to a CSV file, all you need to do is export it. The exported file will save as CSV on your PC.
How do I import contacts into Excel?
If the exported contacts file is in CSV, then you can simply open it on Excel to import it. After the file opens on your Excel, you can edit it as you want.
How do I export all my Outlook contacts?
When you are exporting the contacts, you will be able to select the All contacts option or select the specific contact you want to export. Simply select All contacts to export all your Outlook contacts.
So, that’s it. Now you know how to export contacts from Outlook to Excel.
For any other issue, ask us in the comments section below or join our Botto Botto community.