Have you lost your iPhone and cannot find it anywhere? Using Apple’s Find My app you can easily locate your lost iPhone even if it is offline or dead!
Apple made it possible to combine the Find My Friends and Find My iPhone apps. You can thus find your friends or iPhone using a single app.
Read through this article to know how to find a dead iPhone easily.
How To Find An iPhone That Is Dead?
Follow the solutions given below to find a lost or dead iPhone.
1) Set Up Find My iPhone Feature
To find an iPhone that is dead, make sure to enable the Find My Phone feature.
It is recommended to always keep this feature turned on as you do not know when you would need to use it.
Check the steps to set up Find My iPhone feature:
- From the Home Screen of your iPhone, open Settings.
- Tap on your profile name and then select the Find My option.
- Tap on Find My iPhone and turn the toggle on.
- You will see a message saying: “Find My iPhone allows you to locate, lock or erase your iPhone if it is lost or stolen. It will also be enabled on any paired Apple Watch or supported Accessory that uses the Apple ID you used.”
- Save the changes by tapping on the OK button. Now turn on Enable Offline Finding option. This will help you to find your iPhone when connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- Next, enable the Send Last Location option. This feature sends the last location of your iPhone tracked if it turns off or becomes dead.
2) Use Another iPhone
You can track your dead iPhone using another iPad or iPhone.
But for this, you need to log into the same iCloud account with the dead iPhone you are trying to find out. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Find My app from your iPad or iPhone and go to the Devices section.
- Here you will find a list of all the synced devices.
- Locate the dead iPhone you are trying to find.
- You will see directions and a map pinning the location of the dead iPhone you are trying to find.
- This way, you will be able to understand how far away you are from your iPhone and how long it may take to reach there.
- If the iPhone you are trying to find is offline but not dead, you can tap on the Play Sound option to locate it.
- If the iPhone is dead, then you can use Notify When Found option. You will be notified next time your iPhone is recharged or turned on.
3) Use A PC To Find A Dead iPhone
You can also find out your dead iPhone using a PC. To do so follow the steps as given:
- From your web browser, visit iCloud webpage and sign into iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- Select the Find My iPhone option > All Devices.
- Select the name of the iPhone you are trying to locate from the list of all the synced devices.
- You will find a map displaying the last known location of the iPhone.
- You will also find play a sound option there.
4) Use Help A Friend Option
You can also take your friend’s help to find your dead iPhone. If any of your friend’s devices are synced to your iPhone, then you can take their help.
To find the iPhone follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the Find My app from your friend’s device.
- Choose Me tab.
- Go to the bottom and find the Help a Friend option.
- Tapping on it will redirect you to the iCloud webpage.
- When prompted, log in with your Apple ID and password. If prompted to save your password, tap on the Not Now option because you do not want to give access to your account to someone else.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to find out about your lost iPhone. After you finish locating your iPhone, tap on your profile name and choose the Sign Out option.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Can you find an iPhone if it’s dead?
Yes, it is possible to find an iPhone that is dead or Offline. You can track the iPhone’s current location using the Find My iPhone Last Location feature.
- How do I find My phone if it’s dead?
If your phone is dead, you can use your PC to find your iPhone. Visit iCloud webpage and sign into iCloud with your Apple ID and password. Select the Find iPhone option > All Devices > select the name of your iPhone. You will find a map indicating the location of your iPhone.
- How can I find my dead iPhone?
You can find your dead iPhone within 24 hours by visiting iCloud.com and clicking on Find My Phone app. This will show you the last reported location. This data is only retained for 24 hours. After that, it will be deleted.
So, follow the above guide and let us know how you found your dead iPhone.
Join our BottoBotto community for more tech-related issues.