Final Fantasy XIV is a popular MMORPG having one of the largest player bases to date.
But many gamers have reported encountering FFXIV error 2002 that prevents them from joining the lobby and play.
Today we will discuss the reasons why the game is unable to connect to the game servers as well as explore the possible solutions to fix the problem.
How To Fix FFXIV Error 2002?
Check the solutions given below to easily fix FFXIV error 2002 and enjoy your game.
1) Check Your Internet Connection
You may get a 2002 error FFXIV due to an unstable internet connection. If you are using an ethernet connection, check it first.
If the ethernet connection is not working properly then fix it. If this step does not solve your problem and you are still getting 2002 error FFXIV, then restart your router.
2) Restart Your Router
Before we go to any other step, restart your router to fix the FF14 2002 error.
A fresh restart often clears the cache and resolves the problem. Turn the router off and then disconnect it from the power cables.
Leave it like this for a few minutes before plugging it in and turning it on. Now check if you are getting issues with Final Fantasy XIV.
3) Check Your Firewall
FF14 2002 error is a server connection error so check if the Windows Defender Firewall is blocking the game’s connection request.
Disable your firewall and then launch the game. If you are using any other antivirus, then disable that.
Check if this solves the problem. Follow the steps to disable the Firewall:
- Go to the Start menu and enter Windows Defender Firewall. Select the first option to open it.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off option.
- This will lead you to the customize options page. Turn Off Windows Firewall for both Private and Public network settings.
- Launch Final Fantasy and check if you are getting any errors.
4) Uninstall Any Third-Party Software
Many of the users have suggested that if you are using any third-party software like WTFast, then to uninstall it.
These software programs may be responsible for errors like Final Fantasy 14 error 2002.
To uninstall the third-party apps follow the instruction given below:
- Go to the Start menu and enter Control Panel.
- Select the first option and click on Programs and Features.
- Click on Uninstall a program option and find WTFast or any other program like that.
- Right-click on the program and select Uninstall option.
- Now launch your game and this time it should run without any error.
So, there you are! Hope you have fixed FFXIV error 2002 with the help of the solutions given in the above article. For further queries, leave us a reply in the comments section below.