The network connection error is a common problem while playing a Battle Royal multiplayer game like Fortnite.
You can get this error while playing on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
Fortunately, there are plenty of solutions that can fix Fortnite network connection lost errors easily and I will discuss those in today’s article.
How To Fix Fortnite Network Connection Lost Error?
Here is what to do when you encounter Fortnite network lost or Fortnite network failure when attempting to check platform restrictions error.
1) Check Your Internet Connection
When you see the Fortnite network connection is lost, first of all, check that you are having a stable internet connection.
To check the internet speed you may click here or choose other websites available online.
You can also disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi network and see if this helps to fix the issue.
2) Restart The Router Or Modem
Besides checking the internet speed, you can restart the router or modem when you are having network-related issues.
- Turn off the router and disconnect the power cord. Wait for a couple of minutes before reconnecting everything.
- Re-launch Fortnite and if you again get the same error, go to the next solution.
3) Check Fortnite Server Status
If there is a server outage then also you may have connectivity issues while playing Fortnite.
If there is an ongoing issue with Fortnite wait till everything gets back to normal.
When the system is operational once again, re-launch Fortnite. If you get the same error, then move on to the next solution.
4) Re-launch Fortnite
Due to some temporary glitch, you may encounter Fortnite network failure error.
So, quit the game and re-launch it once. This can fix the problem.
To do that, follow the given steps:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the list of options.
- Go to the Process tab and scroll down to locate all the Fortnite processes. Right-click on each task and select the End task option.
- Restart the game and this should fix the problem. If not then verify your game files.
5) Verify The Integrity Of The Fortnite Game Files
Sometimes the game files may be corrupted or missing. This can be the reason for Fortnite network failure.
So, verify the integrity of Fortnite game files following the steps given below:
- Open Epic Game launcher and click on Library.
- Click on the three dots next to Fortnite and select Verify as shown below.
- Wait for the process to complete and re-launch Fortnite. If the issue persists go to the next solution.
6) Check Fortnite Installation Options
Check both Fortnite core and battle Royale and save the World checkboxes for the installation option and this can solve the Fortnite Network failure issue.
To do so, follow the steps as given:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and find Fortnite. Click on the three dots next to the game.
- Choose Options and check the boxes for Fortnite core and Battle Royale and Fortnite Save The World as shown below.
- Click on the Apply button followed by OK to save the changes. Re-launch Fortnite and check if this method has solved the issue.
7) Enable PPPoE
PPPoE stands for Point To Point Protocol Over Ethernet is a network protocol that makes it easy to build communication between the network endpoints.
The service providers use PPPoE to provide internet access to their consumers over broadband connections.
When you get Fortnite network failure when attempting to check platform restrictions error, enable PPPoE. This can solve the problem.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the Wi-Fi router with proper credentials and open Internet Settings.
- Click on the radio button for PPPoE and enter your username and password.
- Set the Internet Connection mode as Always on. Save the changes and restart your device. Now, this should fix the connectivity error.
Frequently Asked Questions[FAQs]
- How do I fix the Fortnite network error on PS4?
Check the game server, restart the router, verify the integrity of the game files top fix the Fortnite network error on PS4.
- Why does Fortnite keep saying no internet connection?
Fortnite keeps saying no internet connection if your internet connection is not stable or the game server is down.
- What does it mean when it says network connection lost Fortnite?
Network Connection lost Fortnite indicates that there is a server outage or poor internet connection.
So, there you are! Hope after performing the above steps you are not getting Fortnite network issues anymore.
Join our BottoBotto community for more tech-related solutions.