The high contrast theme is mostly used by those with visual impairments. These high contrast themes make the text appear clearer using distinct colors.
Now let us check how to enable and disable high contrast theme on Windows 11.
How To Turn On Or Off High Contrast Theme Windows 11?
Now let us check the steps to enable or disable high contrast theme on Windows 11.
1) Turn On High Contrast Mode On Windows 11
To enable high contrast mode Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings by clicking on Win + I. Then click on the Accessibility option.
- Select the Contrast Themes option from the right-hand side page.
- Now choose a theme from the available options and click on the Apply button.
- Alternatively, you can press the Left Shift button + Left Alt Key + Print Screen on your keyboard. From the pop-up window press the Yes button to confirm.
Just wait for a few seconds till your system, apply the changes done. Now your high contrast theme on Windows 11 will get activated.
2) How To Turn Off High Contrast Mode
If you want to turn off High contrast Theme on Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings and click on the Accessibility option.
- Select the contrast Theme option and then choose the None option from the drop-down menu and click on the Apply button.
3) Customize Windows 11 High Contrast Theme
You can also create a custom Windows 11 high contrast theme by following the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings and then click on the accessibility option as you have done in the previous step.
- Next, click on the Contrast Themes option and select a theme. Now click on the Edit option.
- Now you will get the following elements that you can customize:
Background – To set the background
Text – To set the txt color on your Windows 11 and web pages.
Hyperlink – To set the text colors of the available links on the web pages and Windows 11.
Inactive Text – To change the color of the inactive text.
Selected Text – To select the text color for selecting text.
Button Text – To set colors for the buttons as well as text inside the buttons.
- Now suppose, you want to edit the Background. So, just click on the color picker palette and choose a color.
- You can use the slider to adjust the brightness.
After finishing, click on the Done button to apply the changes made.
- If you have made any changes to the theme, then click on the Apply button and you are done.
So that is how you enable or disable the high contrast theme on Windows 11. If you have further details then ask us in the comments section below.