Windows 11 has introduced a fresh UI along with a wide variety of new features.
Besides, Microsoft has worked a lot to improve the performance level of your Windows 11.
But if you are running it on an old machine, then you may need to optimize your Windows.
So, here is a detailed guide for Windows 11 performance improvement. Have a look!
How To Improve Windows 11 Performance?
For Windows 11 Performance Improvement, follow the steps given in the methods below.
1) Update Your Windows
Temporarily, you can check for an update to boost up the performance.
Just open Windows Settings and click on Windows update. Next select Check for updates.
If you find an update available, go for it and then give your machine a fresh restart.
2) Disable Startup Apps
If you disable the startup programs, then this makes the booting time faster on your Windows 11.
Now follow the process given below to disable the programs or apps that start with your PC:
- Click on the Start Button and select Task Manager. Now go to the More details section.
- Click on the Startup tab and check for the programs that you can disable at the startup.
- Right-click on a particular program and select Disable option.
- Next open Windows Settings by pressing Win + I hotkeys on your keyboard.
- Click on Apps and then select the Startup option from the right-side panel.
- Now choose the apps that can hog resources and turn those off.
3) Disable The Background Apps
Many of the apps run n the background that can consume lots of resources and slow down your system.
To improve Windows 11 performance, turn off these apps running in the background.
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings and click on Apps. Select Apps and Features option.
- Click on the three-dotted menu right beside the app you want to disable and select the Advanced option.
- Go to background apps permissions and select the Never option.
- You can also right-click on the Windows icon and select Task Manager.
- Go to the process tab. Select the app and click on the End Task option.
4) Uninstall Unnecessary Programs
Besides terminating the process of the background apps, you can also uninstall any unnecessary program from your PC. This will free up some space and help your system run faster.
Here is how to improve Windows 11 performance by removing the unnecessary programs from your system:
- Open Apps and Features section. Select an app that you want to remove and click on the three dots associated with the app.
- Select Uninstall option to uninstall the program from your system.
- Make sure to remove the temporary file of the uninstalled apps.
- To do so, press Win + R to open the Run utility. Enter %temp% and click on the OK Now select all and delete.
5) Tweak The Power Mode
Change the power plans on Windows 11 to improve performance.
This will save energy and boost up the performance level of your system.
Now check the steps to change the Power Mode:
- Open Settings and select System.
- From the right-side panel, click on Power option.
- Find Power mode and click on the drop-down menu. It is advised to select the Balanced option to balance the performance between the battery life and performance.
6) Defragment And Optimize Drives
If the files on your hard disk are not organized and got scattered then use the defragment tool to defragment your hard disk.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Windows icon and select Defragment and Optimize drives option.
- Click on the drive that you want to defrag and then select Optimize option.
7) Turn Off The Game Mode
To speed up the performance of your Windows 11, disable the game mode when you are not playing.
This will terminate the X-Box services and DVR and boost up the system performance.
- To do so, open Settings and click on Gaming.
- Select Game Mode and then turn off the toggle.
- You can also click on the Xbox game bar and select the Captures Turn off the toggles and you are done.
If the above article has helped you in Windows 11 performance improvement, let us know by replying in the comments section given below.