You may be running out of storage and want to delete some photos from your iPhone.
But if your iPhone is synced to another device then you may have problem deleting the photos.
So, if you are thinking “Why can’t I delete photos from my iPhone?” or “iPhone won’t let me delete photos”, read this article to know how to fix the problem.
What If iPhone Won’t Let Me Delete Photos?
Now let us directly focus on the solutions when iPhone won’t let you delete photos.
1) Restart the iPhone
A quick restart often can sort out the problems. So, when you can’t delete photos from an iPhone, try giving your iPhone a quick restart.
Check how to do it:
- Press and hold the phone’s side button until you see the Slide to power off option.
- Swipe the Power icon from the left side to the right side.
- Allow a few seconds before you press and hold the side button again to turn on your iPhone.
If you still cannot see the option to delete your photos, then update your iPhone.
2) Update the iPhone
If your iPhone is not updated to the latest build, then you may confront this sort of problem. Update the device and check if this helps.
Follow the steps to check for updates:
- Open your phone Settings.
- Tap on the General option then choose Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap on Download & Install option.
3) Free Up iPhone Storage Space
Photos won’t delete from iPhone if the storage is full. So, free up some space and this can fix the problem.
- Open iPhone Settings and tap on the General option.
- Next open iPhone Storage as shown below.
- You will get several recommendations from Apple to free up the storage along with deleting the recently Deleted photo album permanently.
- Click on it to permanently delete all the photos and videos kept in the album.
4) Sync the iPhone to iTunes
If after freeing up space, you still can’t delete photos from your iPhone, then sync your phone to iTunes and delete them. Follow the steps to do so:
- Use a lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Now open iTunes and from the upper left corner of the app, click on the iPhone icon.
- Select Photos and you can sync photos from your Selected Album. This makes the process much easier.
- Unselect the photos you want to remove from your iPhone. Complete the process by syncing the iPhone again.
5) Disable iCloud Photos
When you want to delete photos from your iPhone then disable iCloud as it keeps backing up your photos.
If you do not disable iCloud then it will again sync back the deleted images.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open iPhone Settings and then from the top of the screen tap on your name.
- Next, tap on iCloud and then tap on Photos.
- Turn off the toggle next to iCloud if you find it is turned on.
Now you should be able to delete photos from your iPhone.
So, perform the above steps if your iPhone won’t let you delete photos and fix the problem. For further queries leave us a reply in the comments section given below.