iTunes has changed the way to enjoy movies, music and podcasts and so, it has become widely popular. But sometimes you may find iTunes not working on your device.
There can be various reasons for the issue and today we will figure out every possible solution to fix it.
What To Do If iTunes Is Not Working?
Let us now discuss in detail why iTunes is not working and what are the ways to solve the problem.
1) Check The System Status Page
When you find iTunes is not responding, check Apple’s system status page.
This page will show you if there is an outage for the service in your region.
2) Check The Date, Time, and Time zone On Your Device
Make sure that your date, time, and time zone are set correctly on your device.
This will help to sync with iTunes Store servers. To check this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Windows Start Menu and then select Settings.
- Then select Time & Language from the options.
- You can turn on the toggle button for Set time automatically option.
- You can also set the date and time manually by clicking on the Change option.
If after performing the above steps you find iTunes is not opening still, and then follow the next solution.
3) Disable Any Conflicting Software
Check if any program is conflicting with iTunes when you find iTunes not working on Windows 10.
So, terminate some third-party background processes with the help of the Task Manager and see if this solves the problem.
Follow the process to do so:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Go to the Process tab. Right-click on third-party software and select the End Task option.
4) Update Windows
When iTunes is not working on Windows 10, try updating your Windows to the latest version.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Win + I hotkeys to open Settings. Select Update & Security from the displayed options.
- Click on Windows Update and select Check for updates.
- Wait till the installation process gets finished. Restart your computer.
Now check if this resolves the problem, else go to the next solution.
5) Repair iTunes
If you still find iTunes is not working, then repair iTunes.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the iTunes installer and choose to Run as administrator.
- If you have iTunes installed, you will be prompted to Repair the software.
After the repairing process is completed, give your computer a fresh restart.
6) Turn Off Your Firewall Protection
Windows Defender Firewall can also interfere with iTunes, so turn off Firewall temporarily and then try to open iTunes.
If you are using any other antivirus software disable that too.
Follow the steps to disable Windows Firewall:
- Go to the Start Menu and enter Windows Defender Firewall. Choose the first option.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off option.
- From the next page, Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for both Private and Public network settings.
Restart Windows and this should solve your problem.
7) Download The Latest Version Of iTunes
Before you download the latest version of iTunes, remove the components from the previous installation.
Make sure to uninstall all the versions of Apple application support or iTunes from your device.
After uninstalling everything, download the current version of iTunes for your PC from Apple’s website. Download the iTunes installer and save it.
You can also download iTunes for your Windows 10 from Microsoft Store. Hope now you will be able to open iTunes.
Hope you have performed the above steps when iTunes is not working. If you have further queries, comment in the reply section and let us know.