Java update error 1603 means that the installation process was incomplete. You mainly get the error while installing Java updates.
The problem is quite common and can be fixed with a few steps that I am going to discuss in today’s article.
How To Fix Java Update Error 1603?
Let us now check the solutions directly to fix Java update error 1603. Follow the solutions discussed below.
1) Uninstall The Old Version Of the Java
If the version of Java is not compatible with your system then you may encounter “Java install did not complete error code 1603”.
So, uninstall the entire existing Java version from your system. But make sure to restart your system before you uninstall the previous version of Java from your device.
Check the steps mentioned below to uninstall Java for Windows 10 Java issues:
- Go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Select Apps from the next window.
- Find Java and select it. Click on the Uninstall option.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Now download and install the offline installer package.
- Then Save in the download dialog box and save the package to a convenient location like your desktop.
- To initiate the installation process, double-click on the downloaded file.
2) Disable Java Content Via Java Control Panel
Disable the Java content in the browser before you install a fresh package of Java for your system.
When you get the Java error 1603, close the installer. Now follow the steps to disable java content:
- First right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Select the Programs & Features option and find the Java icon.
- Click on the Java icon to open Java Control Panel.
- Now uncheck the box attached to Enable Java Content in the browser option.
- Click on the Apply button followed by OK. To save your changes.
3) Install Java As An Administrator
Allow administrative privileges to the latest java installer and this can fix Java error code 1603.
To do so, just right-click on the Java installer and select the Run as administrator option. If you again get the error then go to the next step.
4) Check If Jp2launcher.Exe Is Running
Jp2launcher.Exe is a program file that can be present while you get a new computer set up.
This app gets activated when you attempt to use Java for establishing a connection to some remote location.
If this launcher is running in the background then you may get “Java install did not complete error code 1603”.
So, terminate the process in the Task Manager and check if this solves your problem.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Find Jp2launcher.exe from the Process tab. Right-click on the process and select the End Task option.
If you get the Java error after that then go to the next solution.
5) Disable Your Antivirus
When you get Java install did not complete error code 1603 while installing a Java update, turn off your Windows Defender Firewall temporarily.
If you are using any other antivirus software then turn it off and then install the Java update.
Windows Defender Firewall or your antivirus protection can block the installation procedure.
Here I am showing you the process to disable Windows Defender Firewall. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Start Menu and enter Windows Defender Firewall. Select the first option.
- Find Turn Windows Firewall on or off option and click on it.
- From the next page, turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for both Private and Public network settings.
- Restart Windows and install Java. Hope this time you will not get any errors.
Hope you have fixed Java update error 1603 following the solutions described in the above article. If you have further queries, then leave us a reply in the comments section given below.