Sometimes Java may crash while launching an application that is built around Java.
All the Java virtual machine launcher errors are not same and can occur for various reasons.
Now, today I will be disusing about some common reasons to trigger the problem as well as figure out the possible solutions to fix this Java virtual machine error.
How To Fix Java Virtual Machine Error?
Now let us discuss the causes and solutions for Java virtual machine launcher error in detail.
1) Add A New Variable To Java’s System
When you get Java virtual machine launcher errors, add a new system variable for Java to fix it.
To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run utility.
- Enter sysdm.cpl in the command box and press the Enter button.
- From the pop-up window click on the Advanced tab and select the Environment Variables option.
- Now from under System Variables, click on the New button as shown below.
- On the next window input _JAVA_OPTIONS as the variable name and –Xmx512M as the variable value.
Press the OK button to save your changes. Now check if this could solve your problem.
2) Run Java.exe As An Administrator
Some users have fixed Java virtual machine error on Windows 10 by opening Java executable with administrative privileges.
So, you can also give this a try. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Enter Java in the Windows search box. Right-click on Java and select Open file location.
- Find exe and right-click on it and select its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box for Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on the Apply button followed by OK.
3) Reinstall Java
If the above steps could not solve your problem, then reinstall Java. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Run utility and enter appwiz.cpl in the command box. Press the OK button to run the command.
- Enter Java in the search box and right-click on it. Select Uninstall option and confirm your action by clicking on the Yes button.
- Restart your device and download Java Complete the installation process and this should solve your problem.
If the above steps helped you to fix Java virtual machine error, then send us feedback in the comment section below.