What happens if you suddenly find that your keyboard is typing backward?
Many users have confronted this weird situation on their OS.
The problem is common and can be fixed with the solutions I am going to discuss today.
So, if you get into the same situation, stop thinking about why my keyboard is typing backward and go through this article.
Why Is Your Keyboard Typing Backwards And How To Fix It?
Let us now figure out the troubleshooting steps when the keyboard is typing backward.
1) Restart Your PC
Restarting can solve many temporary problems. So, when your keyboard is typing backward, try restarting your computer.
If your keyboard is connected to your device through a USB cable, disconnect and reconnect it.
If this does not fix the issue move on to the troubleshooting steps explained below.
2) Run Keyboard Troubleshooter
Windows have in-built troubleshooters that can diagnose and fix most of the problems.
So, while the problem is related to your keyboard, run the keyboard troubleshooter.
To do so, follow the given steps:
- Click on the Windows Start button and choose Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- From the left pane click on Troubleshoot and select the Additional Troubleshooters option from the right-side panel.
- Scroll down to find the Keyboard and click on it. Select Run the troubleshooter option and follow the on-screen prompts.
Wait till the process gets completed. Give your PC a fresh restart and check if you can type normally now.
3) Troubleshoot Your Keyboard Drivers
If you are using outdated or corrupted keyboard drivers then also you may have such kinds of issues.
So, when your computer is typing in reverse, update or reinstall the keyboard drivers to solve the problem.
You must always keep your device drivers updated to avoid these kinds of problems.
Now if after updating the keyboard drivers, you get the same problem, try reinstalling the keyboard drivers.
To do so right-click on the keyboard driver and select Uninstall device option.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
After uninstalling the keyboard drivers, restart your PC. Windows will automatically install the keyboard drivers after the restart.
4) Change Your Region
If your region is changed to a location in which the languages are written in a backward manner, then your keyboard may type from right to left.
So, stop worrying ‘Why my keyboard is typing backward?’ and change your region settings.
To do so follow the steps given below:
- Enter Control Panel in the Search Menu. Select the top option. Click on Region.
- Go to the Administrative tab and select the Change system option.
- From the drop-down menu choose your current location. In case of any doubt, select English (United States).
- Save your settings and restart your computer. Now, this should fix the problem related to your keyboard.
The above methods should help you fix the problem when your keyboard is typing backward.
For any other tech-related issue, ask us in the comments section given below.