Microsoft Paint evokes our nostalgia for drawing and painting in our childhood days.
Though underrated, many beginners and amateurs prefer to trust Microsoft Paint to experiment with their imagination and creativity.
There is a variety of features to experiment with classic paint as well as Paint 3D, but today we will discuss how to make a transparent background in Paint.
How To Make Transparent Background In Paint?
Check the methods in detail to know how to make a transparent background in Paint.
1) Create Background Transparency In Paint
So, how to add a transparent background in Paint? Here is how you can do it:
- First open Paint.
- Click on the File option.
- Next, click on the Open button and select a stored image.
- Click on the Select option and then click on Transparent selection.
- Next, select the Free-form selection tool as shown below.
- Hold your left button mouse and trace around the foreground to cut a portion of the image.
- Right-click on the selected portion to select it.
- Select the Cut option and then move the specifically selected portion from the picture.
- Open a new picture and you can now paste the previously selected portion by pressing Ctrl+V.
- You can drag the image and adjust it on the new background by left-clicking on it.
The picture will now get adjusted to its new background.
2) Make Image Transparent Using Paint 3D
Paint is now introduced with three-dimensional effects. So, let us now see how to make an image transparent in Paint 3D.
Follow the detailed steps:
- Click on Windows Search Menu and find Paint 3D. Click to open it.
You may also enter Paint 3D in the Windows Search box and click on it.
- Click on the Menu section and select a picture by clicking on the Browse files option.
- After selecting the desired picture, click on the Canvas option.
- Turn on the toggle for the transparent canvas option as shown below.
- Now click on the Select option as shown in the picture.
- Select the necessary portion of the picture and right-click on it.
- Select the Cut option and the portion that you have selected will get cut from the picture.
- Now open a new file from the menu. Then go to the Open option and then Browse from a new picture.
- Click on the Insert option and press Ctrl + V option. Now you will see the selected transparent picture in the foreground of the background.
- You can drag and resize the picture to make the necessary adjustments.
To rotate the foreground image layer, hover over the rotation circle from the top of the selection border.
Now holding the left button of your mouse, you can drag the cursor in the right or the left direction. This way you can rotate the picture clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Hope this article has helped you to know how to make a transparent background in Paint in detail.
You can shoot us a mail or reply in the section below for any further queries. We always look forward to hearing from you.