Are you searching for how to mirror your iPhone to Mac? Then read through this article to know how you can easily do it using Airplay and QuickTime.
Both applications allow Apple devices to mirror screens. So, follow this guide to learn how to mirror iPhone to Mac easily.
Mirror iPhone Screen On Mac
To mirror the iPhone screen on your MacBook, follow the steps given below.
How To Mirror iPhone To Mac Using Airplay?
To mirror iPhone to Mac, follow the method as given:
- First of all, make sure that your Mac and your iPhone are connected to the same network and logged in with the same Apple ID.
- Open your iPhone’s Control Panel. If you are using iPhone X or a later version, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen.
For iPhone 8 or earlier version users, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Here you will find the Screen mirroring icon. Click on it.
- Select Mac from the list.
- If you see an Airplay passcode appearing on the Mac screen, enter the passcode.
- If you want to stop mirroring the screen, open your iPhone’s Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select the Stop Mirroring option.
Please note that some video-playing apps may not support Airplay. So, check the AppStore and make sure that it is available there.
How To Mirror iPhone Screen To A TV using Airplay?
To stream a video from your iPhone or iPad to a TV, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure to connect the Apple TV or Airplay 2 compatible device.
- Find the video content you want to stream.
- Tap on Share and then on the AirPlay button.
- This will depend upon the settings of the app. In some apps, you will get the Airplay button directly.
- Select your AirPlay 2 compatible device or Apple TV. If you want to stop streaming the video, tap on the Airplay button from your streaming app.
- Next, select your iPad or iPhone from the displayed list.
How To Mirror iPhone To Mac Using QuickTime?
To mirror iPhone to Mac using QuickTime Player, follow the steps given below:
- Use a Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your MacBook and iPhone. Open QuickTime Player on your MacBook.
- From your iPhone, press the Trust button to get access from your Mac.
- From the QuickTime Player menu, click on the File option. You will find it at the top of the screen.
- Select New Screen Recording option.
- To allow Quick Time to use Mac’s camera and mirror screen, switch the FaceTime HD camera to an iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some questions often asked by users who want to mirror iPhone to Mac:
- How to mirror iPhone to Mac wirelessly?
To mirror your iPhone to your Mac wirelessly, keep the device near your Mac. Select System Preferences from the Apple menu. Click on Display>AirPlay Display drop-down menu >select the device you want Share your screen with.
Once you select the device, your Mac will automatically mirror the screen.
- Can I mirror iPhone from my MacBook?
Yes, you can mirror iPhone from MacBook using Airplay and QuickTime player.
- How do I see my iPhone on my Mac?
To see your iPhone on your Mac, open Preferences from Finder.
Click on the Sidebar, and under locations, check the box for iOS devices, CDs or DVDs.
Check the Sidebar under Locations and check if your device is showing.
If the above article was helpful to you in mirroring iPhone to Mac, send us feedback in the reply section provided below.
For any related query, ask us, and we shall revert with answers.