Nier automata is a popular action role-playing game by Platinum Games. Since its release, Nier Automata is on the top list of game enthusiasts but as it is a paid game, users tend to install unstable crack copies.
This causes the game to crash while playing. Some feasible solutions can help you fix when Nier Automata crashing on PC.
Also, read this article if CSGO keeps freezing on your PC.
What To Do When Nier Automata Crashing On PC?
Go through all the solutions we have provided below and you should be able to figure out why Nier Automata is crashing PC and how to fix it.
Fix 1: Limit Nier Automata’s CPU Core
For fixing Nier Automata crashes, try limiting the CPU cores when launching the game. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Launch Nier Automata and then right-click on the Taskbar to open Task Manager.
- Select the Details tab and find Nier Automata executable. Right-click on your game and click on Set affinity.
- Disable every alternate CPU core and click on the OK button.
Now try playing your game and if it crashes again move on to our next solution.
Fix 2: Disable Fix Automata Resolution Mod
Fix Automata Resolution Mod or FAR Mod is developed for Nier Automata. Users can play the game with lower specs by manipulating the graphics requirements.
Some third-party software developers developed this mod and users have reported that it contains problems.
This mod can be the reason why Nier Automata keeps crashing on your PC. So, if you have enabled FAR, disable it and restore the game settings to their default.
After this, restart your computer and check if Nier Automata is still crashing.
Fix 3: Troubleshoot Graphics Drivers
Some programs may not be compatible with the version of the graphics driver you are using.
So, first, update your graphics drivers and launch your game. If Nier Automata crashes again, reinstall the graphics drivers and see if this helps.
Here is how you can do it:
- Press Win + R hotkeys to launch the Run command box. Enter devmgmt.msc in the command box and click on the OK button.
- Select Display Adapters and right-click on your graphics driver. Select the Update Driver option as I have shown in the picture.
- From the next pop-up window, select Search automatically for drivers
Windows will start searching for the latest drivers. After the update is complete, give your system a fresh restart.
Now launch your game. If your game crashes again or you face difficulty to launch your game then, try reinstalling the graphics driver.
Follow the steps as mentioned.
- Once again open Device Manager and expand Display Adapters. Right-click on the graphics driver and select Uninstall device option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process. Visit the manufacturer’s website and download and install it.
Fix 4: Verify The Integrity Of Your Game Files
Sometimes you may have launching issues with your games. If there are some missing or corrupted game files, then your game will not launch.
So, if Nier Automata is not launching, then I would suggest verifying the integrity of your game files. This will verify and install any missing game files for you.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- From the game list, scroll down to find Nier Automata. Right-click on the game to select Properties.
- Open Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files as shown below.
- Let the process get completed and close the window. Relaunch your game and check if it helps.
Fix 5: Stop Overclocking
We sometimes overclock to boost up the gaming performance. But often pushing those too high can crash your game.
Overclocking causes huge power consumption, which in turn overheats the system. So, try underclocking and see if your game stops crashing after that.
Fix 6: Reinstall Nier Automata
If Nier Automata keeps crashing repeatedly, then reinstall the game and launch it again. This is the final solution that I can suggest for fixing this issue.
Follow the process below to reinstall the game:
- Go to Windows Start Menu and enter Control Panel.
- Click on the Control Panel option and select Programs and Features.
- Find Nier Automata and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall Now download the game again and restart your computer before you launch the game.
Hope the above-mentioned solutions helped you stop Nier Automata from crashing PC. If you have further queries, leave us a reply in the comments section.