If you are trying to change the ownership or permissions of a folder and find no security tab on Windows 10, don’t panic as it’s a known issue. Today I am going to explain how to restore your missing security tab from the folders properties window.
What To Do When There Is No Security Tab Windows 10?
Following the two ways described in this article, you can find the missing security tab from the properties window. Follow them when you find no security tab on Windows 10.
Process 1: Modify Windows Registry
Make sure to follow the steps properly as the modifying registry is a bit risky and needs to be handled carefully.
So, before you proceed you should back up the registry keys to be on the safe side.
To enable the security tab on folders if there is no security tab in properties Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Win + R hotkeys on your keyboard. Enter regedit in the command box and click on the OK button.
- The above step will open your registry editor. Now navigate to the following key:
- Go to the right pane and right-click on the white area. Select New >> Dword (32-Bit) Value and name it as NoSecurityTab.
- Double-click on it and set the value to 0.
This will add the security tab for all your folders and files properties window.
If you still find that in Windows 10 no security tab is there in the Properties window, then restart your computer and check.
Process 2: Tweak the Local Group Policy Editor
You can also Tweak the Local Group Policy Editor and restore the missing security tab if there is no security tab in properties on Windows 10.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Run dialog box and enter gpedit.msc in the command box. Click on OK to open Local Group Policy editor.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, double click on User configuration.
- Now double click on Administrative Templates and then select Windows Components.
- Double click on File Explorer from the right pane.
- Scroll down to find Remove Security tab and right-click on it.
- Click on the Disabled option to restore the missing Security tab.
Now check if you can see the Security tab on Windows 10 in the properties window.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when you find no security tab in Windows 10. If you find the methods helpful, then leave us a reply in the comments section.