Cannot hear any sound on your iPad while gaming? Here is a detailed guide to fix the problem.
Follow this article to know why your iPad has no sound and how to fix the problem.
Why Is There No Sound When Playing Games On iPad?
You may not hear sound on your iPad while gaming if silent mode is turned on or the speaker is blocked with dirt.
Sometimes attached Bluetooth accessories also create these types of problems. To fix the issue, follow the solutions given below.
What To Do When Your Games Have No Sound On iPad?
Follow the methods below when there is no gaming sound on your iPad.
1) Restart Your iPad
Restarting your iPad device can fix temporary glitches. So, restart your iPhone or iPad when you hear no sound while gaming on the device.
- To do so, press & hold the Top button and volume up or down button till the power slider appears.
For the iPads having a Home button, hold & press the Top button until the power slider appears.
- Turn off the iPad by dragging the slider and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Turn on the iPad after a while, pressing the Top button till the Apple logo appears. If, after restarting the iPad, you still cannot hear any sound, check if the silent mode is turned on.
2) Check That Silent Mode Is Not Turned On
If the Silent mode is turned on, you won’t hear any sound on your iPad while gaming or making a call.
- Swipe down your device from the top right corner to open Control Center.
- Check if the silent mode is turned on. If the feature is turned on, you will see a red Bell icon; if the feature is turned off, you will see a gray Bell icon.
3) Clean The Speaker
While you hear no sound when playing games on iPad, clean the speakers. Sometimes dirt gets accumulated in the speakers and creates sound problems. Remove all screen protectors, cases, or films from the iPad.
Thoroughly check the opening of the speaker for any dust or dirt. Clean it with a soft brush but make sure the brush is clean and dry.
4) Disconnect Headphones Or Other Bluetooth Devices
If any Bluetooth or headphones are connected to your iPad, disconnect those from your device.
These accessories can often pick up signals causing your iPad to make no sound. If this doesn’t solve the problem, check the sound settings.
5) Check The Sound Settings
If you still cannot hear any sound on your iPad, open Settings and go to the Sounds section.
Drag the Ringer & Alerts slider back and forth quite a few times.
Check if the speaker button on the Ringer & Alerts is dimmed. Then the speaker may need a service.
6) Make A Call From A Different Location
If you cannot hear any sound on your iPhone while making calls, turn on the speaker and try to call someone. On your iPad, try to make a FaceTime call.
If you still do not hear any sound, there can be a network issue, wait for some time and then call again or you may move to a different location and try to make a call.
7) Reset Your Network Connection
You may hear no sound on your iPad due to an unstable network connection.
So, reset your network settings following the steps given below:
- Open iPad settings and go to the General tab.
- Select Reset and then tap on the Reset Network Settings option. If needed re-enter your Wi-Fi password after the reset is complete.
8) Reset iPhone Or iPad To its Factory Settings
If no other steps have helped you to fix the sound problem on your iPhone or iPad, reset the device to its factory settings.
You can follow this article to reset your iPhone to its factory settings.
9) Contact Apple Support
You can take help from Apple Support Team if no other step has helped you to fix the problem with your iPad device.
Explain your problem to the team and follow the instructions given by the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I get the soundtrack back on my iPad?
To get the soundtrack back on your iPad, clean the speakers. Clean the dirt and dust thoroughly, and this should solve the problem.
- How do I unmute my iPad?
To unmute your iPad without any Face ID, swipe up from the bottom of the device to go to the Control Center. Check for the mute button and tap on it to unmute the iPad.
If you have a Face ID, swipe down from the upper right corner of the iPad to open the Control Center.
- Why can’t I hear videos on my iPad?
If the Ringer or Volume is turned off then you won’t hear any sound on your iPad.
So, check that the volume or ringer is turned up. Open your YouTube or Music app and turn the volume up. Now play the video again.
Write to us if the above article could fix the sound problem on your iPad.
For more details, ask us in the comments section below, and we shall revert soon. You can join our BottoBotto community for more tech-related solutions.