You can control all your graphics settings and other NVIDIA utilities with the help of the NVIDIA Control Panel.
But if you suddenly cannot open the NVIDIA control panel then follow today’s article.
Here, I am going to discuss the probable causes and the solutions when NVIDIA Control Panel is not opening. So, keep reading.
NVIDIA Control Panel Is Not Opening? How To Fix?
Check the methods described below in detail to know the exact cause why won’t NVIDIA Control Panel open and the solutions to fix the problem.
Also read: GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0001
1) Restart NVIDIA Control Panel
When your NVIDIA Control Panel has stopped working on Windows 10, restart your Control Panel application before you perform some other advanced steps.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on your Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Locate Nvidia Control Panel Application and right-click on it. Select the End Task option.
- Now try to open Nvidia Control Panel from the Start Menu and see if the problem is resolved now, else go to the next step.
2) Restart The Nvidia Service
NVidia needs some necessary services to function. So, NVIDIA installs these onto your system.
Nvidia Control Panel won’t open if these services have stopped. To restart the services follow the steps as described:
- Press Windows + R keys to launch the Run utility. Type services.msc in the Run command box and press the Enter key to open the services window.
- Look through for Nvidia display Container LS service and right-click on it.
- Select the Restart option to restart the service. If you find the service is already running then stop it and again start it.
- Repeat the same procedure to restart:
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container NVIDIA NetworkService Container NVIDIA Telemetry Container.
3) Update Nvidia Graphics Drivers
Using outdated graphics drivers can also be the reason why NVIDIA Control Panel is not opening.
It is important to keep your device drivers always updated to avoid these types of issues.
So, update the NVIDIA graphics drivers and see if you can open the control panel after that.
4) Use Task Manager To End NVIDIA Display Container Process
If NVIDIA Control Panel is still not opening then end the NVIDIA display container process from your Task manager.
- To do so, open your Task Manager and locate the NVIDIA display container process.
- Right-click on the process and click on the End task option.
- Now check if the NVIDIA control panel is opening now.
5) Disable Fast Startup
After performing the above steps if NVIDIA Control Panel is not opening, then try disabling the fast start-up feature.
These Windows feature helps you to boot faster but sometimes it can interfere with the restart or shutdown processes.
So, disable the start-up feature and check if this solves the problem. To do that, follow these steps:
- Launch the Run dialog box and type powergfg.cpl in the command box. Press Enter to run the command.
- Copy & paste powercfg.cpl in the command box and press the Enter key to run the command.
- Click on Choose what power buttons do option from the opened window.
- Next select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- To disable the Fast Start-Up feature, uncheck the checkbox for Turn on the Fast Start-Up (Recommended) option.
- Save your changes and exit the window. Restart your system after that.
So, now you know what to do if NVIDIA Control Panel not opening.
For any other tech-related issues you can ask us in the comments section below or join our Bottobotto Facebook community.