Microsoft Outlook is one of the most used third-party email clients on PCs and smartphones.
Recently, many Outlook users have reported that their text disappears as they type or hit the Enter key.
If you have experienced such a weird problem, then follow this article to know the reasons behind such a problem and the solutions to fix it.
Why Does Outlook Text Disappear As I Type?
Outlook texts can disappear due to add-ins. We use add-ins to enhance the experience, but sometimes these add-ins can create problems.
Mainly the AVG add-in is blamed for these kinds of problems.
An outdated version of Outlook can also initiate such problems in Outlook.
If overtyping is enabled in Outlook, then it will keep writing over the existing words.
What To Do When Text Disappears In Outlook?
Follow the methods described below when Outlook message text disappears and fix the issue.
1) Restart Microsoft Outlook In Safe Mode
When text disappears in Outlook email, restart Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Press Win + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run utility.
- Enter outlook.exe/safe in the Run dialog box and press Enter or click on the OK button.
- Check if the issue persists in safemode also.
2) Update Outlook
If you are using an outdated version of Outlook, then this can also be the reason why Outlook is not functioning well and the texts are disappearing as you type.
So, update Outlook and check if this helps to fix the problem.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab > Office Account.
- Choose Office Updates > Update Now. Wait for the process to complete.
If the problem persists, then go to the next method.
3) Disable Outlook Add-ins
The add-ins in Outlook often create problems. So, disable the ad-ins and check if this fixes the problem. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the File tab from Outlook interface and select Options.
- Click on the add-ins tab and click on the Go button from the right pane as shown in the picture below.
- Uncheck the boxes for each add-in and then press the OK button. This will disable the Add-ins temporarily.
- Restart Outlook each time and check if the problem is solved.
This way, you will be able to find out which add-in is creating the problem and you can Remove that particular Add-in.
4) Turn Off Overtype On The Outlook App
When text disappears in Outlook email, turn off Overtype Mode in Outlook and check it fixes the problem.
Follow the steps given below:
- Open Outlook and click on File.
- Select Options and click on Mail.
- From the mail window, expand the Editor Options.
- From the left side panel, click on Advanced option.
- Uncheck Use the insert key to control overtype mode and Use overtype mode. To save the changes, click on the OK button.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Why does text disappear when I type?
Text can disappear while typing if the overtype mode is enabled, Outlook is outdated or due to some add-ins.
- How do I stop words from disappearing when I type?
To stop words from disappearing when you type, disable the overtyping mode in Outlook, restart Outlook in safe mode, update Outlook and disable add-ins.
- Why are my emails disappearing in Outlook?
Emails disappear from Inbox because of email settings, incorrect rules, user credential changes.
If the above article helped you to solve the Outlook issue, then send us feedback.
For further information, contact us in the comments section given below.