While downloading or installing updates on your PS4, it may show error code SU-42481-9 on the console.
These types of issues can be caused due to corrupted temporary files or a bad update.
There are a few workarounds that we have tested to fix the issue and I will discuss those with you today. So, keep reading!
How To Fix PlayStation Error SU-42481-9?
Follow the solutions given below to easily fix PlayStation error SU-42481-9.
1) Check The PS Servers
When you are getting error SU-42481-9, check the PS servers for any outage.
Click here and check the PlayStation server status. If you find that there is an outage, then wait for some time and then check again.
2) Restart the Router or Modem
The error code on PS4 can also be caused due to a slow or unstable network service. So, you can restart your router or modem.
Detach the router’s power cable from the main outlet and wait for a couple of minutes.
Reconnect everything and then turn on the router. Turn on your PS console and then check if this has fixed the problem.
If not then go to the next solution.
3) Power Cycle The PlayStation
The software update issue on PS4 can also be fixed by power cycling the device.
- To do so turn off the PS console. After it shuts down properly, detach the power cable from the main outlet.
- Press & hold the console’s Power switch for about a minute to drain out all the power.
- Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect everything. Turn on the PS4 console and check whether the problem is solved. If not then go to the next step.
4) Update The PS4 Console
If power cycling the PS4 didn’t work and you still get error code SU-42481-9, then update the console via safe mode.
Safe Mode enables you to perform some basic operations and fix issues.
Now check the steps given below to update the PlayStation 4 using Safe Mode:
- Press the Power button of your PS4 and turn the device off.
- Again press & hold the Power switch until you hear 2 beeps.
- Use a USB cable to connect the console and the controller. You need to press the PS button on the PlayStation controller. Now this will take the PS to Safe Mode.
- Click on the Update System Software option and let the process get finished.
- Restart the PS4 and this should fix the issue. If you again get the same error code, then move on to the next step.
5) Contact PlayStation Support Team
If nothing fixes the problem and you still get PS4 error code SU-42481-9, then contact the PlayStation Support Team.
Explain the problem to them and follow the instructions provided by the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
These are some questions commonly asked by the PS console users who encountered error SU-42481-9 on their console:
- How do you fix a PS4 update error?
To fix a PS4 update error, check the PlayStation server, check your network connection, power cycle the PS4 console and update the PS4.
- Why can’t I update my system software PS4?
Due to bad update files or corrupted temporary files, you may have problems while updating your system software on PS4.
- Why does my PS4 game keep saying an error has occurred?
PS4 keeps saying an error has occurred if the temporary files become corrupted or the update files are bad.
To fix the problem, power cycle the console and update it.
If the above guide has helped you to fix the PS4 console error then send us feedback.
For any other tech-related issues, ask us in the comments section below.
We always look forward to hearing back from you.