Are you experiencing error code 37469-9 on your PS4? Many of the players have claimed to get this error while trying to play online games on their PS4 gaming consoles.
This is a common error and you can easily fix this issue by following this step-by-step guide.
What Is Error WS-37469-9 On PS4?
You get PS4 error WS 37469-9 when there is a connectivity issue and the PS servers are down.
This happens when the console cannot reach the PS database.
As a result, you will not be able to enjoy the online games, get access to the PS Store or get the PS account details, and so on.
Solutions to Fix PS4 Error WS 37469-9
Follow the solutions discussed below to fix the error code WS 37469-9 on PS4.
1) Restart Your PS4 Gaming Console
When you are getting the error code WS-37469-9 on PS4, restart the gaming console.
A fresh restart will clear the unnecessary cache files and can fix the error.
If after restarting the console you still get the same error, then go to the next step.
2) Check The PS4 Server Status
If the official PlayStation servers are down, then you may get the PS4 error.
So, click here and check the PS server status. If there is an outage or the server is under maintenance then wait for some time.
3) Change your Wi-Fi Bandwidth
Changing the Wi-Fi bandwidth can also fix PS4 error code WS 37469-9. So, change the Wi-Fi bandwidth from Automatic to 2.4GHZ or 5 GHZ.
If this does not work for you then revert to the automatic mode.
4) Change DNS
After performing the previous steps if the PS4 is still showing you the error code, then change DNS.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open PS4 Settings and select Network.
- Next, choose the Set Up Internet Connection option.
- You may select Use Wi-Fi or use a LAN option.
- Then either choose Custom or your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Set it to Automatic Mode. Select Do Not Specify > Manual.
- Now set the Primary DNS value to 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS value to 220.127.116.11.
- Next choose Next > Automatic > Do Not Use option. This should solve the problem.
5) Update The PS4 Console
An outdated gaming console can also be the reason for WS-37469-9.
So, update your PS4 System Software and fix the issue.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Before you perform the steps make sure that you are connected to a stable network.
- Next, go to PS4 Settings > System Software Update.
- If there is any update available, choose Update. Wait till the process gets finished.
- Select Notifications from the Home Screen and select Downloads.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the update process.
Open the PS4 and launch your game. Now you should not see the error anymore.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How to fix PS4 error WS 37469-9?
To fix error WS 37469-9 on PS4, restart the gaming console, change the Wi-Fi-bandwidth, change DNS, and update the PS4 console.
- What is meant by error WS 37469-9 on PS4?
You get the error code WS 37469-9 on PS4 when the console cannot connect to the PS servers.
You will not be able to play online games or access the PS Store.
- How do I change DNS settings on PS4?
To change the DNS, open PS4 settings and then select Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use Wi-Fi or LAN cable > Custom > Automatic > Do Not Specify > manual.
Then set the Primary DNS value to 18.104.22.168 and the Secondary DNS value to 22.214.171.124.
Then select Next > Automatic > Do Not Use option and you are done.
Hope you could fix the PS4 error WS 37469-9, after following the above article.
Send us feedback and let us know which method worked for you. Join our BottoBotto community to get regular game & tech- related updates.