While visiting a website or launching an internet browser on PS4, some users have encountered PS4 WV 33898 1.
You may also get error messages like:
Cannot display page WV-33898-1, when trying to load a web page.
WV-33898-1 Voucher Error, when applying a voucher.
The error code appears if there is no internet or if there is an issue with the internet. This prevents the users from browsing the internet on the console.
Here I have shown how to solve this error, so read this article and perform as shown to fix this error.
Solutions For PS4 WV 33898-1 Error
Follow this detailed step-by-step guide to solve PS4 WV 33898 1 error.
1) Check The PS Server Status
When you get error code WV-33898-1, first check the PS server status.
If the server is under maintenance then wait for some time and check again.
2) Restart The PS4 Console And The Router
Restart the PS4 and the router to fix the PS 4 error WV-33898-1. A fresh restart can often fix such issues.
Keep the devices disconnected from the power source for a while. Then reconnect everything and turn them on.
If after a fresh restart, you get the same PS4 error, go to the next step.
3) Test The Network Connection
Sometimes the network connection may have temporary issues and show you errors like WV 33898 1 on PS4.
So, test the network connection following the steps given below:
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi and open PS4 Settings.
- Select Network > Test Internet Connection.
- If you have connected any other device to the same network then disconnect it.
Sometimes the other devices can take all the bandwidth so, disconnect other devices and connect the pS4 console only. Check if this can fix the problem.
4) Update Your PS4 Console
If you are using an outdated gaming console then also you may see PS4 error NW-31297-2 error.
So, download and install the latest updates following the steps given below:
If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi then use a LAN cable for downloading and installing the latest updates.
- Open Settings from the PS4 and select System Software Update.
- Select the Update option if you find there is any available update.
- Click on the Accept button and follow the instructions provided on-screen to finish the process.
After updating the PS4 console, unplug the LAN cable and try to connect to the Wi-Fi normally.
If you again encounter the PS4 error, then go to the next step.
5) Rebuild The Database
By rebuilding the database, you can also fix WV 33898 1 error on PS4. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Turn off the PS4 console. Connect the console to the Dual Shock Controller using a USB cable.
- Press the Power button of the PS4 console & hold it till you hear 2 beeps.
- From your controller, press the PlayStation switch. This will help the console enter Safe Mode. Next choose Rebuild Database to finish the process.
6) Change DNS Settings
If you still find no internet connection is available on your PS4, change the DNS settings. This can fix the problem.
To do so follow the steps given below:
- Open your PS4 Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Next select use a LAN cable > Custom > Automatic.
- Finally, select Do Not Specify and then the Manual option.
- Now set the value of the Primary DNS to 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some related questions asked questions by the PS4 users. Have a look:
- How do I fix error WV 33898 1 on PS4?
To fix error WV 33898 1 on PS4, restart the console and the router, check the PS server status, perform a network connection test, update the PS4 console, and change DNS settings.
- What does WV 33898 1 mean on PS4?
When the user is unable to browse the internet, the error WV 33898 1 appears on a PS4 gaming console.
- Why won’t my PS4 not connect to Wi-Fi?
PS4 won’t connect to the Wi-Fi if the Wi-Fi password is wrong or invalid, the DNS settings on the console are configured incorrectly, or if there is no internet connection.
Hope after performing the above steps, you are not getting the PS4 error.
You can join our BottoBotto community to remain updated about the game and tech-related issues.