While opening a photo, app or other Windows feature you may get the remote procedure call failed error.
You need to keep the Remote procedure call running to maintain the safety of your system.
Now let us check how to fix the error in detail.
- Fix: This App Can’t Run On Your Windows 10 PC Error [Solved]
- Fix: There Is Insufficient Disk Space To Complete Operation Error
How To Fix ‘The Remote Procedure Call Failed’ Error?
Follow the methods described below and fix the remote procedure call failed error.
1) Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows provides a built-in troubleshooter to fix most of the problems.
So, when you cannot open a photo or app and encounter ‘Remote procedure call failed’ error, run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter to fix the issue.
This troubleshooter is only for Windows, 8, 8.1, and 10 users. If you are using an earlier version, then skip this method.
Now follow the steps to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:
- Click on the Windows Start button and select Settings. Then select Update & Security option.
- Scroll down to find Windows Store Apps option.
- Click on it and choose Run the Troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
2) Configure Default Program For Photos
When you cannot open an image and get an error, try changing the default program settings on Windows 10.
To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter Control Panel in the Windows Search box and select the top option.
- Click on the View by the option to sort the icons by Category and select Programs from the list.
- Next click on Default Programs and then select Set your default programs as shown in the picture below.
- From the next window, go to the Photo Viewer section. Choose Photos from the list of apps and set it as the default app.
Now try opening the picture. If you again get the same error, move on to the next step.
3) Run an SFC Scan
Sometimes due to corrupted system files, you can get ‘Explorer exe the remote procedure call failed’ error while opening an image.
So, run System File Checker, and Windows will automatically download any missing system file and repair the corrupted ones.
After running an SFC scan if you still get the same error, go to the next solution.
4) Scan For Virus
After running an SFC scan also run your antivirus tool to scan for any virus affecting your system.
Virus can be responsible for the error you are getting while opening a photo.
So, run the antivirus following the steps below:
- Open your antivirus and click on the Scan button as shown below.
- Next select either Quick scan or Full scan to scan your device.
Finish the scan, and then check if the problem has got resolved.
5) Uninstall Registry Cleaner
If you have installed any registry cleaner, then chances are that it deleted the necessary files required for the photo app.
This is why the remote procedure call failed and did not execute the task.
So, uninstall the registry cleaner you are using and then try to open the image.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the Registry Cleaner you are using from the next window and right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process. Now, this should resolve the problem.
Hope by now you have fixed the remote procedure call failed error following the above methods.
Leave us feedback in the reply section below. You can also join our Facebook group for any tech-related issue.