You may get ‘The content can’t be displayed because the S/Mime control isn’t available’ error message while using Outlook Web Access or OWA on Internet Explorer.
You will not be able to access your emails if you get this error. Let us check what to do to fix these kinds of problems in this article.
How To Fix ‘The Content Can’t Be Displayed Because The S/Mime Control Isn’t Available’ Error?
Follow the methods given below and perform the steps to fix the ‘The content can’t be displayed because the s/mime control isn’t available’ error on your Windows PC.
1) Add The OWA Page In The Trusted Sites
Adding the OWA page in the trusted sites in the Internet explorer can solve the problem when you find that the S Mime control isn’t available.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Search Menu and enter Internet Explorer in the Windows Search box.
- Click on the Tools option or you may press Alt + X keys to get the drop-down menu.
- Select Internet options as shown below.
- Next, click on the Security tab and select the Trusted sites option. Click on Sites.
- Now enter the link to the OWA page and click on the Add button.
- Uncheck the Require server verification (HTTPS) for all sites in this zone box.
- Go back to the Internet Explorer homepage and click on the cog icon. Select the Compatibility View Settings option.
- Enter the previous OWA page link in the Add this website fields and click on the Add button.
- Close the window and check if this has solved the problem.
2) Allow Administrative Privileges To Internet Explorer
If you again get S Mime isn’t supported in this view message again, then run Internet Explorer as administrator.
To do that, checks these steps:
- Right-click on the Desktop shortcut for Internet Explorer and choose to Run as administrator.
Or you may go to the Windows search box and enter Internet Explorer.
- Now right-click on Internet Explorer and choose the Run as Administrator option as shown in the picture below.
3) Tweak Internet Option Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the cog icon or Tool Select Internet options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and under the Security option uncheck the checkbox for Do not save encrypted pages to the disk.
- Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
4) Reinstall S/Mime
If you have recently updated your OS, then this may break the installation of your S/Mime or changed some settings.
This may be the reason you are getting the content that cannot be displayed because of the S/Mime control error.
So, reinstall S/mime and this can fix the problem if the above methods could not do it for you.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Sign in to your OWA client and click on Options. From the dropdown menu select to see all Options.
- From the next window, click on Settings and then go to S/Mime tab.
- Click on the hyperlink to download S/Mime Control.
- Do not click on the Run or Save option till the downloading process gets finished.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process. Refresh your web browser.
- When you see This website wants to run the following add-on message, right-click on it.
- Next click on Run Add-on on All Websites When you see a security message click on the Run option. Now, this should fix your problem with S/Mime Control.
Hope you have fixed ‘The content can’t be displayed because the S/Mime control isn’t available’ error following the above solutions.
Keep reading our columns for more tech-related solutions.