Your computer may sometimes start working slowly due to high disk usage.
Service Host SysMain can be the reason for this performance issue.
Let me now explain what it is and how to stop the service from causing high disk usage.
What Is Service Host SysMain?
Service Host SysMain was previously known as Superfetch. It is a processes package that optimizes the app’s launching and speed.
So, this helps to maintain and improve the system performance.
But it may sometimes do the reverse and slow down the apps by consuming high CPU and disk usage.
Let us now discuss how to stop Service Host Sysmainhigh disk usage.
Also Read: How to lower CPU & GPU usage in games.
1) Update Windows
Missing Windows updates is one of the main reasons to trigger service host SysMain high disk usage.
So, it is recommended to keep your Windows always up to date to avoid such kinds of issues.
Follow the process to update your Windows:
- Click on the Start button and select Settings or press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- From the left pane select Windows Update. Go to the right side pane and click on Check for Updates option.
Now download and install the latest Windows updates.
2) Stop SysMain Service From Services App
To stop Service Host SysMain 100 disk usage, try closing the process from the Service Manager.
To do so follow the steps as described:
- Press Win + R hotkeys on your keyboard to open Run utility.
- Copy and paste services.msc in the Run dialog box and press the Enter button.
- From the services window, scroll down to find SysMain.
- Right-click on the SysMain service and open its Properties.
- Under Service status, click on the Stop option to stop the service from running.
- Confirm your action by clicking on the OK
3) Stop SysMain Service Using Command Prompt
You can also use Command Prompt to stop SysMainservice to prevent high disk usage.
To do that, open an elevated Command Prompt window following the process below and run the given command:
- Enter CMD in the Search Menu and right-click on Command Prompt. Choose the Run as administrator option.
- Enter the following command in the elevated Command Prompt window and press the Enter key:
"SysMain" &sc config "SysMain" start=disabled
- After successfully running the command, exit the window.
4) Use The Registry Editor
This is another way to stop Service Host SysMain but be careful while changing settings on your registry as a small mistake can crash your entire system. Backup your Registry before following this solution. Read this article to learn how to do it.
Just follow the steps as described:
- Open Run utility and copy & paste the following command in the dialog box:
- Press the Enter button to run the command.
- In the Registry window, navigate to the following path:
- Now go to the right pane and double click on the Start option.
- In the Value data field enter 4 and click on the OK button to confirm the changes.
- You can again go to the Task Manager and check if SysMain still has high disk usage.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when service host SysMain has high disk usage. Keep asking us your queries and we will revert you soon.