Spectrum remotes have gained much popularity as with a single remote, users can operate multiple devices.
But if you suddenly find that your Spectrum remote is not working with the cable box, then here are the solutions to fix the problem.
Why Is The Spectrum Remote Not Working With Cable Box And How To Fix It?
In this article, I have given 6 different ways to fix the problem when Spectrum remote is not working with the cable box.
So, carefully and perform the solutions to fix this problem.
1) Reboot Your Spectrum Receiver
When you find your Spectrum TV remote is not working, reboot it.
A fresh reboot can fix the problem so, disconnect the receiver and wait for a couple of minutes.
Reconnect it and check if you are having the same problem.
2) Check If The Remote Is Connected To The TV
If the remote is not connected to the TV, then this can be another reason why your Spectrum remote is not working with the cable box.
So, check whether the remote is connected to your TV by following these steps:
- On your Spectrum remote, press Menu and then open Settings & Support.
- Select the Remote Control option from the given options.
- Finally, click on the Remote Control to TV option and you are done!
3) Program The Remote
If restarting the Spectrum remote did not work for you, then try programming it to control your TV.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Switch on the TV that you want to program.
- Press Menu + OK buttons and hold them till you see the input button blinking twice.
- Press the Power switch on your Television set. Wait till the Input button lights up.
- Now aiming your remote at your TV, press & hold the UP arrow button until the TV turns on.
This time your remote should store the code and work properly.
4) Switch Between Cable & TV
If you cannot switch to your TV control mode with the Spectrum remote control, follow the steps to solve the problem:
- On your remote press & hold the CBL and OK/SEL buttons for a few seconds. Release both the buttons. CBL will light up now.
- Press the Volume down button and then press TV. CBL key will flash now but you can ignore it.
- Whenever you need to switch back to cable, use the volume up button in the place of Volume down.
5) Reset Spectrum Remote And Pair It With RF2IR Converter
If the Spectrum remote is wrongly programmed, then it may create a problem.
A factory reset can solve the problem. So, now I will show you how to reset the spectrum remote to factory settings.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press your TV button and holding it press the OK button.
- Release both the buttons and TV, AUX and DVD buttons will flash. This time the TV will be lit up.
- Now press & hold the Delete button for a few seconds till the TV button blinks and stays off.
This will reset the TV remote to factory settings. Next repair the RF2IR converter. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- To begin with, disconnect the RF2IR converter from your Set-Top Box.
- Press and hold the Find button and connect the RF2IR converter into the Set-top box
- Release the Find button and this will delete your previous code.
- Now stand near the set-top box and aim the remote towards it. Press any key on the remote to pair it with the RF2IR converter.
- After pairing it, press the Find button on the RF2IR converter. This will help the remote to work properly.
6) Contact Spectrum Support
If nothing helps and you are still thinking why my spectrum remote is not working, then contact Spectrum Support.
They are available 24/7 to troubleshoot your problems. You can choose to chat or speak with them and get help to solve the problem.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when Spectrum remote is not working with the cable box.
Hope you could fix it after following the above steps. For any further problems, ask us in the comment section.