Steam offers both paid and free Downloadable Content or DLC of games that you can purchase from the Steam store or through a CD key.
After you own the downloadable content, it gets included in the game.
But sometimes Steam won’t install DLC automatically. There can be various reasons for this.
Follow this article to know why Steam DLC is not downloading, and get the proper solutions.
What To Do If Steam DLC Not Downloading?
If Steam DLC is not downloading follow the methods described below and know what to do.
1) Update The Game
Steam automatically updates whenever a new patch is available for a particular game.
As this feature can be changed, so check if there is any pending update for the game in concern.
If your game is outdated, then Steam won’t download the DLC of that game.
Now to update a Steam game, follow the steps given below:
- Open Steam and go to the Steam menu. Click on Check for Steam Client Updates.
- Now go to Steam Library and right-click on the particular game you want to update.
- Expand the Game Properties and click on Updates.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Always keep this game updated option.
Steam will now keep the game updated automatically. Check if you get the DLC in the game properties.
Also Read: An Error Occurred While Updating Steam
2) Uninstall Your Steam Game
If there is anything wrong with the previous installation folder, then uninstall your Steam game.
There can be some missing or broken files, which is why DLC is not downloading on Steam.
So, reinstall the game freshly. But before you do so, follow the steps below to uninstall the game:
- Press Windows + R keys to launch the Run utility. Copy & paste appwiz.cpl in the Run command box and press the Enter key.
- Locate your game and right-click on it. Click on the Uninstall option and follow the onscreen prompt to finish the uninstallation process.
3) Install The DLC Of The Game Properly
After uninstalling the game, follow the process described below to install the DLC of the particular game:
- Open Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on the game for which you want to download the DLC.
- Select the Properties option.
- From the Properties window click on DLC from the left panel.
- Then check all the boxes from the right side pane as shown in the picture below.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here I have answered some of the commonly asked questions about this topic.
- Does DLC automatically install On Steam?
Yes, once you purchase the DLC of a game, then it should automatically install, unless it is specifically excluded by the user.
- How to download DLC on Steam?
Purchase the DLC and then open the game properties from Steam library. Select the DLC tab and select the DLC you want to install.
- How do I get my DLC to work on Steam?
To make DLC work on Steam, you have to select the DLC from the DLC tab of the game’s properties through Steam. Once you have selected the DLC, it will install and you will find it in the game.
Hope the above article has helped when Steam DLC is not downloading.
Let us know what you feel by commenting in the section below.