Street Fighter V is one of the most popular games in the fighting genre.
But often gamers keep complaining that they are having issues while launching the game.
So, today I am going to figure out the solutions when Street Fighter 5 Steam is not launching. Have a look!
What To Do When Street Fighter 5 Steam Not Launching?
There are plenty of solutions that I am going to illustrate one by one when Street Fighter 5 Steam is not launching.
Solve the problem and enjoy your game.
1) Perform a Clean Boot
Street Fighter 5 won’t start on PC if any service running in the background is interfering.
The third-party applications often restrict the elements of the game to function properly.
Perform a clean boot and then try launch Street Fighter V.
Follow the steps to perform a clean boot.
- Press Win + R to open Run Utility and enter msconfig in the Run command box. Press Enter to run it.
- Go to the Services tab and check the box attached to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all option to turn off all the services running in the background.
- Exit the window. Now right-click on your Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab. Right-click on each app and select Disable option.
- Finish the process and then restart your PC. Now try launching the game.
If Street Fighter V not launching on Steam after a clean boot, go to the following step.
2) Terminate The Tasks Of Few Processes
Some processes like Intel Driver Support and Intel usage can interfere with the game and prevent it from launching.
Besides performing a clean boot, you can also stop the processes of the two Intel processes like – Intel Support and Intel system usage from the task manager.
Many users have reported that after ending the tasks of these processes, they could launch Street Fighter V without any issue.
Follow the process to do so:
- Open Task Manager and then go to the Processes tab.
- Locate Intel Support and Intel system usage and right-click on it.
- Click on the End Task option. After the process, try launching your game.
3) Check Your Firewall Protection
Windows Firewall Protection can detect your game executable as false positive and prevent the game from launching.
So, disable the Firewall and check if helps you launch Street Fighter V.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to the Start Menu and enter Windows Defender Firewall. Select the first option.
- Click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Next Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended option) for both Private and Public network settings by clicking on the radio buttons.
If you have turned on any third-party antivirus like Avast, then disable it too.
Now check if you can launch your game. If Street Fighter V launches properly this time, allow it through Windows Defender Firewall or any other third-party antivirus you are using.
Here I am showing the steps to do so with Windows Defender Firewall:
- Open Windows Defender Firewall and click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings option from the next window.
- Locate Steam as well as Street Fighter V and check the boxes for both private and public settings.
- Click OK to save the changes done and try launching your game.
4) Verify The Integrity Of The Game File
If the above step did not fix the problem and Street Fighter V Steam not launching, verify the integrity of the game file from Steam.
This step will verify and download the corrupted or missing game files again.
Check the steps to do so:
- Open Steam and click on the game Library. Right-click on the game causing the issue and open its Properties.
- Now click on the Local Files and select Verify the integrity of game files.
- Finish the process and try launching Street Fighter V. I Hope this will solve the problem.
5) Update Your Graphics Driver
You should always keep your graphics driver updated to avoid any performance issues specially while gaming.
An updated graphics driver is always necessary for your latest game patch.
So, update your graphics driver and this should also solve the problem.
So, these were the steps you should perform while Street Fighter 5 Steam not launching.
For further queries, comment in the comment section given below.