BitLocker protects your data from any unauthorized tampering using encryption.
You will not require any extra password as BitLocker uses Your Windows login credentials to do the job.
Thus, this provides you with an extra security environment for your files.
But if you want to turn off BitLocker on Windows 10, then you can do it by following the processes described in this article.
How To Turn Off BitLocker On Windows 10?
To disable BitLocker on Windows 10, follow the methods explained below.
1) Disable BitLocker Using Windows Search
Windows search makes it easier to reach specific items easily. So make use of the Search box and know how to disable BitLocker on Windows 10 from Windows Search.
- Enter Manage BitLocker in the Windows Search box and open it.
- Click on Turn off BitLocker from the next window.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. You may need to confirm your action to turn off BitLocker.
Now BitLocker will encrypt the hard drive and Windows will ask to enter your password before disabling the feature.
2) Turn Off BitLocker Via Control Panel
Now I will show you the process to disable BitLocker Windows 10 via Windows Control Panel:
- Go to Windows Search and enter Control Panel. Select the top option.
- Click on the BitLocker Drive Encryption option.
- Next, click on the Turn off BitLocker option and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you see a pop-up window, confirm your action by clicking on Turn off BitLocker again.
The process may take a long time but wait patiently to finish the process.
3) Turn Off BitLocker Using Windows Settings Menu
To make some specific changes to the apps on your PC you can easily do it from Windows Settings.
So, now check the steps to know how to turn off BitLocker on windows 10 via settings:
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on System as shown in the picture below.
- From the next window, go to the bottom left and click on the about option, and select BitLocker settings from the right-side pane.
- Click on the Turn off BitLocker option. Follow the onscreen prompts to finish the process.
4) Use Command Prompt To Turn Off BitLocker
This is another simple way to turn off BitLocker.
You will just have to run a command in the elevated Command Prompt window and you are done. So, follow the steps as mentioned.
- Enter CMD in the Search Menu and right-click on Command Prompt. Select Run as administrator option.
- Now copy & paste the following command in the Command Prompt window. Press the Enter button to run the command:
manage-bde -off D:
- Replace ’D’ with your actual drive letter.
5) Disable BitLocker From The Local Group Policy Editor
You can also disable BitLocker from the Local Group Policy Editor. Follow the steps:
- Enter Edit group policy in the Windows Search box. Select the top option.
- Navigate to the following path now:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Drive Encryption > Fixed Data Drives
- Click on Deny write access to fixed drives not protected by BitLocker option from the right side pane and double click on it.
- Now click on the Not configured or Disabled option.
Confirm your action by clicking on Apply button followed by Ok.
So, that is all about how to turn off BitLocker on Windows 10. For further discussion or query, comment in the section below,