Notifications always help us to stay updated about the installed apps on your Windows device.
But sometimes we may get distracted during our busy hours and want to disable these notifications.
So, today I will show you how to turn off notifications on Windows 11 with a few tweaks.
How To Turn Off Notifications On Windows 11?
Follow the methods mentioned below carefully to turn off notifications on your Windows 11.
1) Disable All The Notifications On Windows 11
Now to turn off notifications entirely on your Windows 11, follow the steps given below to do so:
- Press the Windows key and open Settings. Click on the System option.
- Select Notifications and turn off the toggle switch for Notifications.
There is no need to restart your device and Windows will stop notifications on Windows 11 for the apps as soon as you turned off the toggle button.
2) Disable Windows 11 Notification Banners
To disable notifications on Windows 11 for certain apps you will have to follow the process mentioned below:
- Open Settings and click on the System option.
- Check the right panel and select Notifications.
- In the Notifications Settings page, scroll down to find Notifications from apps and other senders option.
- Here you will find the Show Notifications banners.
- Uncheck the box to turn off notifications for individual apps from the screen.
After making the changes, exit the Settings window, and the changes will get enforced.
3) Turn Off Notifications On Lock Screen
If anyone wants Windows 11 to disable notifications on the lock screen, then he should follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings and select System.
- Click on Notifications and turn off the toggle button for Show notifications on the Lock screen.
4) Turn Off Notifications Via Windows 11 Notifications Center
You can for certain apps from the Windows notification center.
Follow the given steps to get access to Windows 11 notification center and disable notifications:
- Click on the date and time system tray icon to get access to the Notification Center.
- Open Notifications Center and click on the three horizontal dots Menu on a notification.
- Here you will get the list of options. Select Turn off all notifications for (a specific app). This will turn off notifications for that particular app.
After performing the step close the window and the changes will be made.
5) Set Notifications Priority
You can set Notifications priority if you want to get any important notification from certain apps.
To set notification priority follow the steps given below:
- Open Notification Center and click on a particular App.
- Scroll down to set Priority Of Notifications In The Action Center.
- You have options to set the app’s notification to Top or High or Normal.
So, after setting your desired apps notification as High you will not miss out on any notification.
6) Mute Notifications Using Focus Assist Feature
You have options to mute notifications with Focus assist on your Windows 11 as you had in Windows 10.
So, you can avoid unnecessary notifications. This feature automatically gets activated while you play games or use a second display but manually do it, follow the given steps:
- Open Settings and click on System.
- Select the Focus Assist settings option and you can choose an option as per your preference.
- You can select Customize priority list to receive notifications from a list of priority applications.
- Then select Add an app option to add an application to the priority list.
- Once you have selected the apps you will get notifications only from these selected apps.
- You can set automatic rules also for focus assist like when playing games, when duplicating the display or during certain hours, etc.
So, these were the ways to turn off notifications on Windows 11.
For further queries, you can write to us in the comments section given below.