We always want to secure our browsing information from web trackers.
Using a private browser, you can prevent these trackers and also avoid cookies from the websites.
But sometimes you may need to hand over your MacBook to someone else.
If they are your kids, you may want to keep a track of their online activities. In such situations, you need to disable private browsing on Mac.
So, today I am going to show you how to turn off private browsing on Mac easily. Keep reading!
How To Turn Off Private Browsing On Mac?
Follow the two ways described below and learn how to turn off private browsing on Mac.
1) Use Screen Time To Turn Off Private Browsing On Mac
You can use the screen time feature to turn off private browsing in Safari on your macOS.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- From the extreme top corner, click on the Apple icon and select System preferences.
- Now from the System preferences window, select Screen Time.
- Turn on Screen Time feature if it is disabled. Now expand the Content & Privacy section and turn it on.
- Click on the radio button for the Limit Adult Websites option.
- Exit the System Preferences window and open Safari. Click on the File option and you will find the new Private window option has been grayed out.
- If you want to enable private browsing in Safari on Mac, select Unrestricted Access from Web Content options.
So, this was how to turn off private browsing on Mac. You also have another way to do so that I am going to explain below.
2) Turn Off Private Browsing Safari On Mac As A Guest User
You can disable private browsing in Safari on Mac using a guest user account.
First check the steps to open a guest user account on Mac:
- Open System Preferences and click on the Users & Groups option.
- Select the lock icon in case you have a password set up and enter the password.
- Next, click on Guest User and check the box for Allow guest to log to the Computer option. Also, click on Limit Adult Websites checkbox.
- Restart Mac and a Guest user icon will appear on the screen.
- This way you will be able to use Safari but cannot get access to all the folders and files.
- Exit the Window and restart your MacBook.
- Now log in using the guest user account. You may also choose to log out by clicking on the Apple logo. Then log in using your guest account.
How To Stop Private Browsing Restrictions Sync With Other Apple Devices?
If you are using a single Apple ID for all your Apple devices, then whatever restrictions you apply for your one Apple device, will get applies to all the other devices.
To stop this sync, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the System Preferences window, select Screen Time.
- Next, click on the Options button and check the box for Share across devices.
This will enable private browsing restrictions on your macOS.
So that is how to turn off private browsing on Mac. Keep sending your questions on any tech-related issue and we will get back to you soon.