The Twitch affiliate program is a lucrative way to collect currency as you play.
It can provide you with a huge opportunity to create a brand and expand your audience as well.
Let us discuss what is a Twitch affiliate, and how you can become a Twitch affiliate in detail today.
- How To Setup A Beginner Streaming Setup [Full Guide]
- 10 Best Games To Stream On Twitch [Popular Picks]
What Is A Twitch Affiliate?
A Twitch affiliate is a qualified streamer who can earn while streaming.
So a Twitch affiliate can make money by live streaming games, music or creative content on an online streaming platform.
Now in this article, let us focus on what is a Twitch Affiliate or what does affiliate means on Twitch in detail.
Requirements To Become A Twitch Affiliate
Let us now see who can become a Twitch affiliate and what is an affiliate on Twitch.
To become a Twitch affiliate, a streamer should complete the following 4 tasks over 30 days:
- Reach 50 followers
- Stream on 7 different days
- Stream for 8 hours in total
- Have an average of at least 3 viewers
When Does An Twitch Affiliate Receive Invitation?
So, by now it is clear what is an affiliate on Twitch. Let us now see when a streamer receives a notification for being eligible for a Twitch affiliate.
On the Twitch users Creator Dashboard, the streamers can check their progress via Path to affiliate Achievement.
After completing each task a streamer can see a checkmark next to the task.
So, they can track their achievements this way and set their next goal.
After completing the 4 stated tasks, a Twitch streamer becomes eligible to register for the Twitch affiliate program.
He can then monetize his channel with subscriber perks and live streams.
The streamers will get a notification email that now they are eligible to be a Twitch affiliate.
After receiving the email, a streamer can see a notification on their channel’s dashboard.
The streamer is then asked to provide the following information to register for the Twitch affiliate program:
- General Information
- Twitch Affiliate Agreement
- Tax information
- Payment Method
After giving all the required information, the Twitch affiliate can start to earn Channel Points.
These channel points are customizable point programs. With the help of these channel points, Twitch streamers can reward their subscribers with perks.
How Many Twitch Affiliates Are There?
Now, if your question is how many twitch affiliates are there? Let me give you a gross number.
On average Twitch has more than 15 million active users on daily basis and 2.2 to 3.2 million monthly broadcasters.
Amongst this on average only 1.2 million Twitch Broadcasters qualify for affiliates.
How Can One Earn On Twitch?
A Twitch affiliate can make money in 4 ways. They are discussed as follows:
- Donations – The subscribers can donate to the streamer during live streams to “cheer on”.
These Donations from the subscribers are called bits and they look like gem-shaped emotes. For each bit, a streamer gets one cent.
- Subscriptions – An affiliate can charge subscriptions from the options of – $4.99, $9.99, $24.99, and there is also a Prime free subscription.
A subscriber is often given emotes and fun perks based on their subscription status.
- Selling Games and In-game items – A wide variety of games and in-game items are available for sale on Twitch.
When a Twitch affiliate streams or plays one of the games, then one can earn a 5% revenue share only if one of the Twitch users purchases a game using the link from the affiliate’s channel.
- Ad-Revenues – Some advertisements are streamed on an affiliate’s channel.
One can earn ad revenue from these ads. Twitch allows a streamer to customize the frequency and length of an advertisement.
Does A Twitch Affiliate Get Partnership?
A Twitch streamer may not need to have a massive viewer count to get sponsorship.
Many of the Twitch partners are twitch streamers who got sponsorships.
The factors responsible to get sponsorship are as follows:
- The content of the stream should be up to quality.
- The streamer should always interact with the viewers via live chats.
- One should keep the information updated and use quality graphics.
- The streamer should be active on social media.
- Getting positive feedback from the subscribers is a must.
Twitch Affiliate Vs Twitch Partner
A Twitch affiliate can earn through donations, subscriptions, ad revenue, and game sales.
This Twitch affiliate program assists streamers to make a part-time income.
If you want to go for a partnership with a Twitch affiliate, make sure they are keen to highlight your products for a lower price than a Partner.
Check that the affiliate’s platform supports your product and voice.
But before one becomes a Twitch Partner, one must become a Twitch affiliate first. A streamer cannot be both an affiliate and a partner.
For becoming a Twitch partner, a streamer must fulfill the following criteria:
- One must become a Twitch Affiliate
- One should stream for 25 hours
- The streamer should stream on 12 different days
- The streamer should have 75 concurrent views on an average
- One should complete each task within a 30 day time period
How Can A Twitch Partner Create Their Brand?
The sponsors often collaborate with the partners considering their large audience.
The partners also get the tools to customize their channels besides the number of huge audiences.
A Twitch partner can increase viewership and grow their brand. They also get the following perks:
- Chat badges – When the subscribers of a streamer begin to chat, a chat badge gets displayed beside the name of the subscriber.
The partners can customize new chat badges as rewards after the subscribers meet different milestones.
- Cheernotes and bit badges – besides chat badges a dedicated viewer can also be rewarded with custom bit badges.
With the increase of tiers, the partners can customize the badges to encourage the subscribers. This way one can stylize his channel and grow a brand of his own.
Free Lifetime subscription – Partners can also reward a subscriber with a free lifetime subscription after reaching 50, 250, and 500 subscribers.
- Ad-free streams – The Twitch partners can also reward a subscriber to view ad-free live streams.
When a stream is made ad-free, then the revenue is calculated considering the number of non-subscribed viewers.
A Twitch partner can store their live streams for 60 days whereas a Twitch affiliate can do so for 14 days.
When Does A Twitch Affiliate Lose The Title?
A Twitch affiliate can lose their title and perks even after completing the required tasks and fulfilling all the criteria if one is:
- Fails to abide by Terms of Service and guidelines provided by the Twitch community
- Continues streaming on Twitch along with other streaming platforms. A Twitch affiliate can post content on another platform but one cannot stream on Twitch at the same time.
- Remains inactive on the platform for more than a year or create some obscene, abusive streaming content
- Violates any law of the country
- Impersonate any entity or any person
- Collects personal information, email IDs, or sends spam emails.
- Change or distort Twitch codes, services, and properties.
Considering the above facts a Twitch affiliate may lose their status.
Hope by now it is clear what is a Twitch affiliate.
So, Twitch affiliate is indeed a great way to create a brand and earn revenue for the streamers.
If you have any other queries, just feel free to ask us in the reply section below.