When you get an unidentified network Ethernet issue, you will be unable to use your internet even if you are having an internet connection.
You will get to see a yellow exclamation mark on your internet icon which clearly states that there is no network access.
This happens mainly due to misconfiguration in the IP or internet settings on your device.
Now, today, I am going to figure out some feasible solutions to fix the issue. Have a look!
How Can We Resolve Unidentified Network Ethernet Issue?
To fix Unidentified Network Ethernet problems, follow the methods discussed below.
1) Run Windows Network Troubleshooter
Windows provides in-built troubleshooters to check and fix problems.
The network troubleshooter fixes network-related issues.
So, run the troubleshooter when you have Ethernet unidentified network. Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings and select the Update & Security option.
- Click on Troubleshoot and go to the Additional Troubleshooters section.
- Select your Internet Connections and run the troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen prompt to finish the process.
If no issue is found, try running the Network Adapter troubleshooter, located in the Find and fix other problems section.
Check if any issue is found. Hope after running the troubleshooter the problem will be fixed. If not, then move on to the next solution.
2) Update Or Reinstall Your Network Drivers
Corrupted or outdated Network drivers can also be the reason why you are getting the problem.
So, update your Network drivers and check if Ethernet unidentified network no internet issue gets solved, else reinstall them afresh.
To reinstall the network drivers follow the given steps:
- Right-click on the Windows start button and select Device Manager from the list.
- Click on the Network Adapters and right-click on your Ethernet driver.
- Select Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
After uninstalling the network driver restart your computer. Windows will reinstall the network drivers automatically during the next boot. Now, this should resolve the issue.
3) Flush DNS & Reset Network Configuration
If after performing the above steps your Ethernet still says the unidentified network, then this may be due to a corrupted DNS cache.
So, flush DNS to clear the cache and fix the problem:
- Type CMD in the Windows Search bar and right-click on the Command Prompt option. Choose Run as administrator.
- Now enter the following commands one by one in the elevated Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key after each command.
netsh int tip reset
netsh winsock reset
Check if this has fixed the issue related to your ethernet, else move on to the next solution.
Also read: How To Flush DNS On Windows 11
4) Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
Windows defender firewall protection is meant to manage and filter the network transmissions.
Sometimes Windows Defender Firewall can be the reason to trigger ethernet unidentified network types of issues.
So, disable your Firewall temporarily and see if this solves the problem. Follow the steps to disable Windows Firewall Defender:
- Go to the Windows search menu and type Control Panel. Select the first option.
- From the displayed window select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- From the next window, turn off the radio buttons for Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) options as shown below.
If you are using any other antivirus protection, make sure to disable it too.
Ethernet-related issues are quite common and the above steps should fix if there is any unidentified network Ethernet error.
Send us feedback in the comments section provided below.