For the newest features and bug patches, updating the device drivers on your Windows is a must. Keeping your device drivers up to date keeps most bugs and errors associated with it away. But how to check if your device drivers are up to date or how to update them if they are not? Here I have answered just that!
Read this article and learn how to update device drivers on your Windows 10.
Why You Should Update Device Drivers On Windows 10?
A common question many have is why they should be updating their device drivers. Updating means you are getting the latest features of that device. Also, it means your device is getting the latest bug patches, so fewer issues while using your device.
How To Update Device Drivers On Windows 10?
There are a few ways you can update device drivers on Windows 10. In case of graphics drivers, read this article. For other device drivers, follow the methods given here.
1) Update Device Drivers With Windows Update
Most stable device driver updates come through Windows updates. Although you will most likely not get the latest device updates that are available on the manufacturer’s website, but you will get the stable updates.
Here is how you can update your Windows 10:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on the Windows Update option. Select the Check for Updates option.
- Download and install the available Windows updates.
2) Update Device Drivers From Device Manager
Another way to update device drivers is from Device Manager. Here is how you can do it:
Update Device Drivers Automatically:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Head over to the driver that you want to update.
- Right-click on it and select the Update driver option.
- Next, click on the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Wait for Windows to search and download the latest available drivers.
Update Device Drivers Manually:
- Download the latest device driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Open Device manager as shown above.
- Right-click on the device driver you want to update and select Update driver.
- Click on Browse my computer for drivers.
- Browse to the driver you have downloaded from the manufacturers website.
- Click on the Next option.
- Wait for the driver to update.
3) Use 3rd Party Apps
There are multiple 3rd party device drivers available on the internet that keep a track of outdated drivers and updates them. Most of the good ones have subscriptions and the free ones are not trust worthy. If you don’t like manually updating your drivers, you can use one of these services.
How To Check If My Drivers Are Up To Date
So, how can you check if your drivers are up to date? You can keep track of your Windows updates as I have already shown. In case of Device Manager, you will have to check each driver manually if they are up to date, which is a terrible chore. Getting a 3rd party app is the best way to check if your device drivers are outdated.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to update device drivers on Windows 10. If you have any further queries regarding this topic, ask them in the comment section.