Waze is a free GPS navigation software that is compatible with your smartphones, tablets, and computers.
It is preferred by many users over Apple maps and Google maps.
But sometimes you may have a problem with this community-driven GPS navigation app and find that Waze is not showing the map.
This is a common problem and can be fixed with one of the solutions discussed below.
What To Do When Waze Is Not Showing Map?
When Waze is not showing map, perform the steps given below and solve the problem.
1) Restart Waze App and Check For Updates
When your Waze map is not showing up, try these simple troubleshooting steps first.
- Close the app and re-launch it. Sometimes this simple effort can solve the problem. So, try it.
- Check if there is any pending update. Waze may need an update.
- Also, check that your display is working fine and there is no problem with it.
2) Restart The Location Service
If Waze map is still not working after updating, then try restarting the location/GPS service on your smartphone.
To do so, pull down the notification slider and then turn off the location or GPS service icon.
Wait for a minute or so. Turn it on again and check if the Waze map is working now.
3) Refresh the Waze Map
If your Waze is not showing streets, refresh the Waze map.
Sometimes you may get stuck in the traffic and only get the turn-by-turn instructions but cannot see the map on your display.
In this case, refresh the map once and then check. To do so, follow the given steps:
- Open Waze on your device and tap on the My Waze search button.
- Next tap on the gear icon or Settings as shown in the picture.
- Click on the General option.
- Select the Refresh map of my area option.
- Now tap on the Waze map and zoom in & out of the map. Check if it is working now.
4) Clear The App Cache
If you find that your Waze map is not loading, then this can be due to the corrupted app cache.
Clear cache and check if this resolves the problem. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find the Waze app on your smartphone. Tap and hold on it until a menu appears. Select the App Info option.
- Tap on the Storage Usage as shown in the picture.
- Find the Clear cache option. Tap on it and confirm to clear the accumulated cache.
After clearing the unnecessary data, check if the Waze map is loading properly.
5) Reinstall Waze App
If nothing works and the Waze live map is not working on your device, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Waze app.
Follow the instructions to do so:
- Tap on the app and hold until a menu pops up. Tap on the Uninstall option next.
- Visit Google Play Store and search for Waze. Install Waze again.
So, you are done! Now enjoy your live Waze map and hopefully it will work now.
Hope you can easily navigate now using your Waze map. If you have any further suggestions when Waze is not showing the map, then share them with us in the reply section below.