When trying to sign in to your PlayStation account, if you get the error WS-44949-0, then follow this article.
You may have entered the username or password correctly and yet have login issues.
Sometimes Sony may ban your account for some reason, and due to this you may have a problem signing in to your account.
This is the error message you likely come across: “This account cannot be signed into on this PS4 WS-44949-0”
Here I have shown how to fix the WS-44949-0 error on PS4.
What To Do When You Get PS4 Error Code WS-44949-0?
Follow the methods described below when you get error code WS-44949-0 while signing in on PS4.
1) Check The Username And Password
Ensure you have entered the correct username and password when you cannot sign in to your PS4 account.
Mostly, users enter the wrong password or username, and thus they get the error WS-44949-0 while signing in.
2) Check PS Server Status
When the PlayStation network sign-in fails on PS4, check the PS server status.
Sometimes this can happen if the server is down or under maintenance.
If there is any problem, wait for some time and recheck the status.
In case all the services are up & running and there is no problem on the server side, restart the PS4 console is Safe Mode.
3) Restart The PS4 Console In Safe Mode And Rebuild Database
Restart the PS4 in safe mode when you cannot log in to your PS4 account.
Safe mode allows the console to start with only essential functions.
Next you can rebuild the console’s storage database, hard reset it, and solves the bug.
Follow the steps given below to start the PS4 in safe mode:
- Press the Power button and turn off the console. Then press the Power button again and hold it till you hear 2 consecutive beeps.
- Connect the DualShock controller to the console using a USB cable. Pair it with the controller by pressing the PS button.
- Next, select PS4 and then press the 0 or X button. This will reboot the console in Safe Mode.
- Now you can Rebuild the database.
4) Restart The Router Or Modem
If after restarting the PS4 console in Safe Mode and rebuilding the database, you still get the error code WS-44949-0 while signing in, then restart the router or modem you are using.
Sometimes due to connectivity issues, you may get this error. So, restarting the router can fix the problem and set up the connection.
Unplug the router for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Turn it on and check if this has solved the problem. If not, then go to the next solution.
5) Reconnect To Your Network Connection
Re-establishing the internet connection can fix the PlayStation network failure problem.
To set up the internet connection, follow the steps given below:
- Open PS 4 Settings, and select Network > Set Up Internet Connection. Press the X Button.
- Disconnect from the LAN or WiFi connection and wait for a few minutes. Then reconnect to it.
6) Use A Wired Connection
A wired connection provides more stability than a wireless one.
So, if you still cannot sign in to your account on PS4, try connecting the PS4 console to your router directly using a LAN cable.
This can improve the connection and download speed and lower ping rates as well.
After connecting the PS4 using an Ethernet connection, check if you can sign in to your account now.
7) Test The Internet Connection
You can test the internet connection on your PS4 console following the steps given below:
- Open PS4 Settings and select Network > Test Internet Connection.
- Wait till you get the result on the screen. If there is any problem, it will get displayed on the screen. Then you can proceed to solve the particular issue.
8) Change DNS Settings
Sometimes changing the DNS settings can also fix the problem when you cannot sign in to your PS4 account.
To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Open PS4 Settings and select Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Use a LAN cable > Custom > Automatic. Then choose Do Not Specify > Manual.
- Set the value of the Primary DNS to 184.108.40.206 and the Secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11.
9) Contact The PS Support Team
If nothing helps you to sign in to your PS4 account, then visit the PS support website and report your problem to them.
Follow the on-screen guide provided by the experts to solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
These are some questions asked by the games who had login issues while signing in to their PS4 account:
- How do I fix PS4 WS-44949-0?
To fix PS4 WS-44949-0, restart the PS4 in Safe Mode, restart the router or modem you are using, re-establish your network connection, test your internet connection, change DNS, and contact the PS support team.
- Why does it say this account Cannot be signed into this PS4?
Most of the time, the users enter the wrong username and password, because of which they have a problem signing into their PS4 account.
- How do I fix an error that has occurred in WS-44949-0 on PS4?
To fix error code WS-44949-0 on PS4, check the username and password, restart the console and the router or modem, test the internet connection, check the PS server status, and change DNS.
So, there you have it! If this guide has helped you to log in to your PS4 account successfully, then let us know in the comment section.